Remembering

Jason woke up to a strange melody. It sounded like children were singing in the distance.
Just moments later Jason found himself going into the direction the voices were coming from. It didn't feel like he was controlling his feet though. It felt like something was pulling him deeper into the woods and Jason just gave in.

The song became louder and louder the farther the killer went and he even was able to make out some words. As the killer kept going, he realized that the song was repeating itself.

The force lead Jason through the forest for what felt like an eternity. He walked and walked and with every step he took the song became louder. Clearer. The force pulling Jason became stronger, until he heard the following words: "One, two, Freddy's coming for you".

This caused the killer to break out of his trance. He backed away from the voices until he hit a tree.

This couldn't be.
Freddy Krueger was dead, wasn't he?

Jason was a little startled as something suddenly teared his machete out of his right hand, before it wrapped itself around his arm and pulled him down into the dirt. Tendrils were shooting out of the ground, wrapping around his arms, his legs and his waist. They pulled him down until he was laying stiff on his back, unable to move.

Freddy grinned at the sight. He finally was able to put this bad dog to sleep once and for all.

He jumped down from the tree that he'd been sitting on and jumped on Jason, laughing madly as he raised his gloved hand to ram his knives into the other's face or chest, but just a moment before the blades could come in contact with the taller killer, Freddy stopped.

The burnt man looked into the other's eyes and saw how the fear had totally taken over him. Jason was terrified.
Freddy started to feel pity for the man for some reason, but why...Why did he even care?

He raised his hand again to kill Jason Voorhees and send him back to hell, like he had planned on doing. That was when he remembered.

Ever since he and Jason had been standing on the pier, the explosion going off right in front of them, something had changed in Freddy's mind. Strangely he hadn't been scared of the flames in that moment, but instead of what they might do to Jason.
When Freddy crawled out of the cold lake, his right arm ripped off and Jason's machete in his left hand, he thought that Jason was dead. He thought the explosion had killed him.
Freddy wanted revenge as he walked down the pier through the flames. He wanted to kill the bitch, that had caused the explosion.

Yeah, Freddy remembered now.

The killer raised his knives again and rammed them into the earth next to Jason's head a few times as he angrily shouted some words that Jason didn't understand the meaning of.
In the following moment the tendrils unwrapped the taller killer and Freddy disappeared.

The next thing Jason knew was that he woke up where he had fallen asleep in the forest, curled up in a ball under a tree. He sat up and looked around, trying to catch sight of the burnt man, but he was gone.

The song was still ringing in Jason's ears.

"One, two, Freddy's coming for you"

Why hadn't he come for him?