Wildfire

"I don't believe you!" Tahani exclaimed beside Kaycee on her bed.

"Why not?!?" Kaycee laughed turning over to look at Tahani, they were hanging out together before heading to class and somehow it had turned into a discussion about her love life. "I am not attracted to Sean Lew!".

"Keep telling yourself that hun, but we saw the After You video and there's literally nothing you can say that will convince us otherwise," Tahani proclaimed.

"Exactly." Bailey added through the phone that lay on the bed beside Kaycee, "You can't tell me that you felt absolutely nothing when his face was like two inches above yours and he was just staring into your eyes, or when he smiled at you with the most adorable dimpled grin that screamed "I like you". I'm fairly certain he doesn't choreograph something as cute and intimate like that with just anyone."

"It's called acting. Sound familiar? I've done duets with guys before, I don't get why you guys are making such a big deal out of this" Kaycee rolled her eyes. She'd gotten used to her friend's constant teasing about her relationship with Sean over the past two months. "And Bailey I called you to help me convince Tahani that there's nothing there, not support her."

"I've literally said since day one that I think y'all would be really cute together. Why would you think I would defend you?" Bailey laughed.

"Ugh!" Tahani threw her hands up and then flopped them back down, one hand landing directly on Kaycee's face "I'm still so jealous you got to see them dancing all cute together live Bails. I can't believe no one's given them a duet since then." Tahani turned and pouted at Kaycee, who proceeded to throw a pillow at her.

"You didn't answer the question," Kaycee pointed out.

" I didn't think it needed answering. C'mon Kayc, can you honestly say that your relationship with Sean is the same as all the previous guys you've partnered. I mean you knew all of them since you were a tiny little weirdo, and before you protest,-" Kaycee stopped mid-breath and laughed at how well Bailey knew her to know she was about to say something without being able to see her, "- I know you've known Sean for a long time too, but you hadn't seen or spoken to him for four years before the music video and you guys weren't that close before anyways. So for you to feel so comfortable with him and have so much trust in him is really something."

Silence followed as the three took in what Bailey said. Tahani looked over at Kaycee. She lay staring up at the wall, processing the words and what they meant. It had only been two months since she met her mystery partner but they were right. She trusted him.

Over the last two months, she found herself talking to him more and more. Sometimes they would just be making dumb jokes or endlessly discussing their shared love of friends but other times, they would open up to each other and talk about their anxieties or their past difficult experiences. And somehow, talking to him about it always made her feel better. Even though he didn't always understand her problems he always made sure that she knew he didn't judge her for them and that he would always be there for her to talk to.

She found herself staying back after classes to show him her choreography and get his opinion. He was the best personal hype man she could have asked for, he never let her feel self conscious about her choreography and always picked up when she was holding herself back.

All of this was extremely unusual for Kaycee. She as an extremely private person. Outside of her family, Bailey and Tahani, she never truly trusted or opened up to anyone. Yet somehow, Sean had weaseled his way in with his dimpled grin and headassery.

"Okay, so maybe there were a few moments during the shoot-" Tahani let out a squeal and bolted up to look at Kaycee. "-but... since then, nothing. Like I said before there just isn't a spark. We're just friends."