October Schedule

CHAPTER 4

Rayne and Tessa stared at each other in horror and amazement.

“But how…?” Rayne whispered. “There has to some sort of explanation for all of this.” She said confidently.

Tessa shook her head. “I guess it’s right on schedule.” Tessa murmured thoughtfully as she saw the calender on the wall, “It is October.”

“That should have nothing to do with it!” Rayne said stubbornly. She looked at the clock and sighed. “You woke me up at 4:30 in the am!.” She whined sadly. Tessa glared.

“If you'd just listen to me why I said that--.” Tessa said hotly.

Rayne grimaced and nodded cutting her off, “Ya, I suppose having the same dream, at the same time, in the same house, is kind of wake up worthy.”

“No kidding. I want to know why we’re having this dream. Like, now.” Tessa said obviously weirded out.

Rayne sighed, “How about in class, when I'm fully awake. For now tell me why you brought up October.”

Tessa rolled her eyes, “Sure, anyways, I always seem to have my dreams in October. Maybe because it's scary for me and halloween with all the monsters just reminds me of it? I could never figure that out...”

“Why don’t we discuss this tomorrow, when we're both fully awake.” Tessa told her as she shook her head at her friend.

Rayne raised a hand, “Amen sister. Goodnight and...sweet dreams?” She laughed, “Let's just go to bed.”

“Agreed.” Tessa smiled and laid her head back on her pillow.

The two friends returned to their sanctuary they call pillows and blankets falling into a dreamless sleep wondering when they would ever have the dream again.

The classroom buzzed excitedly as friends caught up from over the weekend. Everyone was separated into their stereo typical group for each class. The jocks sat in the back along with the cheerleaders, the nerds sat up front, the goth kids sat next to the window with the occasional outcast of the school. Then there was Tessa and Rayne. They were what they considered themselves the 'normal' kids out of the school. They classified themselves as what that are not what they do.

Tessa swung her legs as she sat atop of her table, “Did you have that dream again?” She whispered. Not that anyone would pay attention to them that wasn't in their own group.

“No.” Rayne sighed as she sat her seat to face Tessa, “Did you?”

It was the first class of Monday and Rayne was still ready to fall asleep at any given moment. Tessa on the other hand was one big ball of sunshine, a definite morning person.

Tessa shook her head, “No. I wanted to tell you--”

She was cut off by the bell and sat down in her seat, “I'll tell you at lunch.” She whispered hurriedly as the door opened and in walked a substitute. It was an old bat with beady eyes covered in pink cateye glasses and skin so wrinkly it hung off her bones. Her clothes consisted of a grandma dress and actuall clogs.

Both girls looked at each other and grinned, each thinking the same thing, 'This was going to be fun.' They had a tradition that whenever they had a sub, they would see how long it took to make them run out scared, or screaming.

They smirked knowingly as the teacher wrote her name on the board. It was Ms. Dixie Normous. The class burst into laughter while she just looked confused.

Yeah she wouldn't last long.

The fun began with stage 1 of their evil plan: faces.

Ms. Dixie Normous started off talking about why she was substituting, with her nasally voice. She talked slowly like she was afraid to say each word. Tessa and Rayne looked at each other and pulled a crazy face, not flinching or laughing when Ms. Dixie adjusted her glasses to stop talking and look at the girls.