Rayne's Dream

CHAPTER 2

Rayne blinked, “Uh...what?”

Tessa nodded, “I had that same dream when I was nine and so on...but it only happened once or twice a year at a time.”

Rayne narrowed her eyes as she tried to sort the facts, as much as Tessa loved to pull pranks, she looked dead serious and the fear in her eyes of this situation was truthful, “Can you try to describe what one of the characters look like?”

Tessa close her eyes as she thought back to her memories of this horrible dream, “The mummy and the frankenstein look pretty much like the stereotypical ones in the movies. The vampire...” Tessa frowned, “Was always really scary to me. He had a sort of Dracula look to him, with the cape, and the pale face, and the shiny dark brown hair that is slick back. The werewolf...resembled the one in the Harry Potter movie. He was in a human height but a standing wolf it seemed, with dark brown fur...and a snout!” Tessa opened her eyes to meet Rayne's scared ones.

“That's so creep.” Rayne murmured, “And the vampire has bright--”

“Blue eyes.” The two friends said together and jumped up. Tessa shook and wiped a stray tear from her eye, “This is so weird!”

Rayne shook her head and rubbed her hand over the goosebumps on her arm, “I know...man, I-I don't even know what to say!”

Tessa sat down shakily, “So what's your dream like?”

XXXX

I've had this dream before. I thought looking around the bright white porcelain bathroom. It was hard to see it was so bright. I heard a creak of the door and I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. Who is it going to be? I wondered actually almost excited. I hid under the sink in the cabinets and waited to either be passed by or to have the door wrenched open. I heard the slight groan of the bathroom door and the light tap of a foot. That narrows it dow to two! I thought my excitement skyrocketing. I heard a deep, velvety, musical voice and I knew exactly who it was. I saw his shadow crouch in front of the cabinets.

"I wonder who could be in here." I heard him say. My excitement tripled and suddenly the cabinet opened wide and I was dragged out of the small space and was looking the vampire directly in the eyes. He grinned and I saw his fangs that never seemed to go away. His chocolate brown hair styled perfectly, even though I never saw any gel, and his bright electric blue eyes were seemed even lighter than they actually were. His cape flowed around him, and he wore the traditional tux under the black and red. His height surpassed even me, (but it was my dream so why not?) and his build was that of an in shape actor.

I grinned up at him and he smiled even wider. My vampire never seemed thirsty and he was always perfectly polite, but I never knew his name, even though I'd had this dream since I was nine.

He looked around and motioned for me to follow him, silently. I nodded and did as he said, walking with him out into the hall. The dark wallpaper and floor rug taking away from the picture on the wall. I stopped to look at it, like the hundreds of times before and I shuddered. My vampire looked back at me and frowned pulling me along. I heard his deep voice tell me something, though I didn't know what.

I suddenly found myself in a large kitchen with the big wooden pantry door banging. I heard a groan from inside and my eyes widened. My vampire pushed me forward and I hesitantly opened the door.

My second monster of the night. I thought, seeing Frankenstein come clomping out with a loud groan. I gulped and the vampire chuckled. Frank and my vampire led the way to the next destination. The cellar.

I suddenly heard a loud howl, filled with the promise of a hunt. I looked around for my third monster. He ran up to us and I smiled excitedly. My werewolf. He was half wolf, half man, all monster. His eyes glowed a burning gold and his brown fur looked soft to the touch. No wolf however, had the body of a man covered in fur and stood on two legs. Or wore black cutoffs for that matter. Starting to walk again we all made our way down to the cellar and looked around.

Oh mummy? Where's my mummy? I wondered.

I heard something rattle on the far side, behind the old kegs of wine spirits and beer. I walked towards the far wall that was shrouded in darkness and saw the beginnings of a large golden pharaohs coffin. Walking towards it slowly I heard something pound into the top of it. I pushed against the cover and it went easily, uncovering the mummy.

He rose up like in a scary movie and stood and moaned at us. I waved shyly at him, knowing it was him saying hello. He walked with us up the stairs and suddenly we were in the sitting room. The room was dark only lit by one candle enclosed in an ornate holder. The fireplace was old and the wood looked like it had a layer of charred pieces and ash over it. Next to the fire place an old gold wrought picture frame leaned against it. The walls were shrouded and almost scary to me. Frank and Mummy went to stand on the far side of the wall. Werewolf went to sit in one of the two plush chairs and waited. My vampire went to the comfy looking couch in one of the worn looking spots and motioned me close. I went to sit next to him.

My vampire looked around and crooked his finger at me. I leaned in close so I could hear what he said.

"Wake up Rayne." He whispered in that deep velvety voice. I blinked confused before-

I jerked awake. I shot up and looked at Tessa.

"Tessa?" I asked "What-?"

"It happened. I had the dream." She said looking at me wide eyed.

SO um....

VOTE

COMMENT!

FAN! (Me AND ShiftTheStories)

AND SPREAD THE FREAKEN WORD!