Chapter 1

"Oh, hi there. I didn't see you!" He said. I didn't know what to do. I mean, does anybody know what to do when their major first high school crush just bumped into them? I decided to just play it casually. "Yea, this corner is awful!" I replied. "You know, I never got your name. I think you're in all my classes." He continued. My mind was saying "HOLY SHIT. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. WHAT'S YOUR NAME? HUH? KELSEY IS YOUR NAME. THATS RIGHT!" But obviously I couldn't say that. Duh! So, I said, "My names Kelsey. And you?" "Adam." He replied.

"KADAM! I SHIP IT ALREADY!" My best friend Ciara yelled. "Shhhhh! Dude! We're still at school!" I yelled back, and nudged her. We had to get to French, which was all the way across the school and in the basement. By the time we got there, it felt like we walked a marathon. I was still not used to the high school life. Sure, high school was crazy, but I loved crazy. I loved high school. I loved books. I loved Adam.

Ciara and I decided to get together after school because we had a stupid French project to do. "You have to research the French cuisine!" Madame La Tu had told us. She was funny- that is- when she wasn't assigning us stupid projects or stupid homework. The only thing that I hated was that French was at the end of the day- which meant I couldn't do my French projects or homework during our Flex period- an hour in which we were allowed to whatever our hearts desired.

"I gotta peeeeeeeeeee" I started complaining. "Well go, dancy pants!" Ciara started. "I'll finish this by myself." I practically ran half way across the school. On the way back, I ran into (guess who), Nina. Great! This was all I needed. "Hey! I haven't seen you in a while. Have you finally found a way out of your hobbit hole, Bilbo?" She chuckled. "At least I know I would survive in one..." I shouldn't have said that. I literally have no filter. She made a face and snapped at the rest of her bitchy gang. All I could think about on the way back was how she even had the intelligence to know that The Hobbit existed. I was trying to put the pieces together when the bell rang. "Oh shit! Literature!"