Chapter 3

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

"ARE YOU FREAKING kidding me?!" Gretel yelled angrily as she pulled on her long, blonde hair. Riley patted the distraught girl on her back, attempting to calm her down. The younger Firebird didn't blame Gretel though, as the situation they were in was completely ridiculous.

"Calm down Gret. You don't know for sure that there actually is a broken water pipe under your house," Riley reasoned, even though she was pretty sure that there was and that Fire Brigade weren't lying to them. The two girls stood outside of Gretel's house, watching as some people from the council, the Fire Brigade and builders came in and out of the house. They were starting to get impatient, especially Gretel, until one of the council members finally came up to them.

"A broken water pipe has been detected underneath your house, Miss Tippett. Unfortunately that means you are going to have to leave the house for a while so we can fix the pipe safely and quickly," the man told Gretel with absolutely no emotion on his face or in his voice what so ever, which Riley saw pissed Gretel off.

Gretel looked as though she was about to explode with anger, her face burning red. "What the heck do you mean by "leave the house"? I'm not going anywhere!" She fumed and crossed her arms, pouting. The man's face turned from emotionless to full of irritation.

"I'm afraid you are going to have to leave your house for a week or two, so I suggest you start packing some clothes and necessities for the time being. We need you out of the house today," he told the girls, his left eye twitching while trying to keep his anger in.

Gretel laughed humourlessly like a maniac. "Okay, let me tell you something mate, my day has been crazy! First of all, a bloody car ran into me and now my brand new fucking car is dinted! And then, I get home and I'm told I have to pack my shit and leave my house because a stupid pipe burst! Like, what the fuck!" She shouted at the guy and Riley almost felt sorry for him.

Almost.

What could she say? Chicks before dicks.

Before the man could respond, Riley cut in. "Okay, you know what? We'll go and grab her stuff and be out of your hair, not that you have any, in a minute, alright?" She told the man. "Before we do that, can I just give you a number to call to tell us when the pipe is fixed?" Riley asked and the man nodded. The brunette scribbled her's and Gretel's phone numbers onto a piece of paper with a black ballpoint pen (both objects of which Riley found inside of her pant pocket) and handed it to the man, who nodded again and angrily walked away.

"Okay, let's go pack some stuff and you can come stay at my house. See, problem solved!" Riley cheered and pulled the still-fuming-but-now-also-upset Gretel along into her own house and up to her bedroom. The two Firebirds started throwing a bunch of clothes into a suitcase, including shirts, pants, dresses, undies, bras and more. Gretel then went and got her toiletries and packed them inside the bag as well. Once they were finished, they stood up with Gretel wheeling her bag down the stairs and outside her home, with Riley walking out after her form locking all of the doors.