Chapter 2

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

>>>>>>><<<<<<<

"GET YOUR LAZY ass up now!" Gretel yelled at Riley and pushed her off of the bed. Riley groaned as she harshly fell onto the hard floor of Gretel's guest bedroom. The older Firebird rolled her eyes at the sight of her friend and lightly kicked her in her ribs.

"Ouch! Okay, okay, I'm up, I'm up," Riley said as she rubbed her ribs and sat up.  This was honestly the most Riley had moved in the past three days. Ever since the night of the interview with Sam and Riley finding out she was wearing Kalyn Ponga's name on her jersey, the story was put all over the news and on the front page of every news paper, with the whole of Australia having access to see what had occurred. By now, Riley was more than positive that Kalyn and the rest of the Queensland team had seen or heard about what happened.

"Look, I know you had to go into hiding because of the reporters, but seriously, come on. You've been staying here in my house for three freaking days and have done absolutely nothing! So guess what? We have training today and you're coming, so hurry up and get ready!" Gretel instructed and pulled Riley off the ground and pushed her towards the bathroom. "I'm going downstairs to make us some brekky, so be down in 10," the blonde told her friend and vanished downstairs. Riley slowly made her way into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror, which was proven a bad idea when she saw her reflection.

"Gah!" Riley screamed at the zombie looking back at her, honestly terrified of herself. Her eyes had dark circles underneath them from the stress, her teeth had food in them from not bothering to give them a clean and her hair looked as thought it were a bush, with bits of it sticking up everywhere and knots tangled all in her hair from not having brushed it nor washed it for several days.

Riley sighed as she shrugged off her clothes and jumped into the shower, instantly relaxing when she felt the hot water touch her skin. Gretel is right, Riley admitted to herself while she washed her greasy brown hair. She does need to get out of the house, and luckily Gretel was there to help her. If Riley was being honest, the only main reason why she hadn't left the house in three days was because she was petrified she would see Kalyn. Even though it was highly unlikely, Riley really just wanted to avoid questions at all costs and would rather wait for the news to die down and hopefully everyone will forget about what happened, even though she knew that was probably impossible.

After Riley had finished her shower, she threw on a pair of Gretel's gym wear, brushed her teeth and her newly washed hair into a messy ponytail and headed downstairs. Gretel was in the middle of eating her scrambled eggs and toast when she noticed Riley was there.

"Ahh, looks who's finally back! Your food is here," she said and pointed to the plate on the kitchen table next to her. Riley nodded and sat next to Gretel eating her eggs while they both listened to the tv.