38. Part Four

"Hey what's up you guys, yes," Shane greeted at the start of the video

"Hey what's up you guys, yes," Shane greeted at the start of the video. "Today we have a special update video for you guys. Everyone's been asking about them... Are they dating? Do they actually hate each other? What happened during James's party? The comments, mentions, and DMs are flooding! Drama channels have been making connections and the tea has been brewing. You guys are going crazy trying to find out." Shane exaggerated every word with elaborate hand gestures.

The video cuts to a montage/recap of the first three videos: showing clips of Lexie and Andrew on their date. It cuts to a very blurry, low quality video of Andrew and Grayson having it out in the club, and clips of drama channels talking about the newsworthy story.

The camera cuts back to Shane's zoomed in face. From the background, you could tell he was sitting in the living room, but the camera was so zoomed in that you could not see anything else.

"So today I'm here with..." The camera zoomed out slowly to reveal Lexie sat on his right and Andrew on his left. "Lexie and Andrew!" The two awkwardly waved at the camera and said hello. "Ok let's not act too excited to be here." They all laughed and Shane continued. "So you two have been getting a lot of attention lately. Andrew, you're kind of used to it," Shane said and Andrew nodded. "But Lexie, your follower count literally went from 40k to FIVE-HUNDERED THOUSAND. How are you taking it all in?"

Lexie's eyes bulged when he said the numbers. "God, I don't know. It's all so crazy... Like, I just post pictures of myself? Why do all these people want to see that?" She laughed. "In all honesty though, it's very overwhelming. I still don't know what to do in front of all these people. They'll probably get bored of me soon and unfollow though."

"What? No they won't," Andrew replied and immediately looked away when Shane shot him a look. Before they started filming, Shane had asked them to act neutral with each other for the first half because he wanted to reveal that they are actually an item a little later in the video.

"Have you gotten recognized out yet?" Shane asked Lexie.

"Umm at James's party, yeah. But mostly your guys' YouTube friends. In public public? No, not really," she replied.

"Anyone slide in your DMs?"

Lexie paused, glancing at Andrew whose jaw clenched. "Maybe a few."

"TEA! Tell us who!" Shane exclaimed, but Lexie pretended to zip up her mouth. Shane groaned and said, "We'll cut it out."

After more goading, Lexie gave in and said a name, but it was bleeped out and a tea cup emoji covered her mouth. Shane gasped and Andrew replied in disbelief, "Really?"

"He's like 12 years older than you!" Shane exclaimed.

"Shane! You can't say that!"

Ignoring her, Andrew turned to face Andrew. "Andrew, how does that make you feel?"