VI.

Recap: 

What the hell just happened?

Since when was I a metahuman?

Where the hell is Chris?

What's gonna happen to me?

So many questions were going through my head, but I only had one thing on my mind: RUN!

Season 1 Episode 3 

Reverend Holt: Sister LaWanda was one of us. A friend, a mother, and she most certainly was a woman of God. And The One Hundred tried to send a message by killing her! They wanted us to stay down, to stay scared, to have a little bit of life they gave us. Well, I'm standing here tonight to tell you, that we're gonna send The One Hundred back a message. 

Last night I saw a superhero, He was black

He said, "This is for the street,"

Black Lightning's Back

Trevor's POV

Keep running

Keep running

Keep running

It's all I could think about. What happened back there was unbelievable. My legs were burning, but I had to keep running. 

I made it back to the orphanage. I ran up to my room and finally caught my breath. I didn't know that I could turn invisible. All this is happening too fast.

Where's Chris?

I walked into his room and it was empty. Shit!

I rang his phone and he didn't answer. Shit!

I paced back and forth in his room trying to think about where he could've been. I heard footsteps down the hall. All the kids should be asleep. 

I opened the door slowly and as quietly as I could. I turned my head to the left and saw nothing. I turned my head to the right and saw nothing. I walked down the hallway and into the living room and it was pitch black and silent. I made my way back to Chris's room and I opened the door. 

He was sitting in his bed.

"Chris! Where the hell were you? I called you!" I walked over to his and his face was just blank. He was staring at the wall in silence. I sat down next to him and stared at him.

"Chris? You good?" I asked him. He turned his head towards me and smiled.

"Khalil and I are gonna take this to another level." He said and laughed. My mind went completely blank. 

"You're telling me that you and Khalil are going public?" I asked. He nodded and laid down on his bed. I shook my head and laughed at him. 

"I'm happy for you." I gave him a hug and he smiled.

"How are you and Jennifer?" He smirked as he sat on the bed.