XIV.

Recap:

Walking up to the store, I sat down in one of the chairs. How do Chris and I have the meta-gene? Where our parents metas? But, Chris doesn't even know his family. There has to be an explanation.

Season 1 Episode 11

Trevor's POV

Sitting next to Gambi, we watched as Anissa and Mr. Pierce took down the guards of the building.

"Go left." Gambi has been giving them instructions on where to go in the building.

"The door's shielded. But I know what I saw on the feed from that nuke trackers satellite. An abnormal energy field definitely moved in there yesterday." I could hear the distaste in Mr. Pierce's voice, almost like he was questioning Gambi.

We looked at Anissa's feed and saw some big guns, high-tech stuff. Damn, the ASA really doesn't play.

"Launchers. It must be what caused the abnormal energy hit. Jeff, if they're stockpiling anti-Black Lightning weapons --" Gambi was interrupted and it kinda pissed me off.

"The ASA knows about the satellite, too. They must have found a way to cloak the pods' energy in transit. I have an idea. but it'll take me a day to set it up. Come on back." We watched as Big Blue electrocuted the room, which caused a fire to break out.

"Gambi, I'm sorry about his behavior. I know some shit went down with y'all, but I don't blame you for keeping your past from him. So, don't blame yourself for your past mistakes, just correct them. You are a cool old man." We laughed and he thanked me.

As we waited for them to come back, I made sure that Gambi's wounds hadn't developed an infection. After that, I walked over to his table and began to sketch out some things. Gambi sat in his chair and we sat in silence until we heard them.

"I'm sorry that didn't pan out. I really thought --" Gambi walked over to them and I continued to sketch.

"Yeah. I know." I looked up and my face began to harden at the disrespect Mr. Pierce was giving Gambi.

"Look, even if they cloak the pods' energy, I can still find it. I'll ping everything in the city with a radio signal, and the energy signature from the pods will light up when the radio pulse hits them." That could actually work. Gambi is a genius.

"Let me know if you find something. I'm gonna get out of this suit." I slammed the pencil on the desk and let out a sigh. Anissa glanced at me, but I didn't look up at her. I sat on the stairs and let Anissa talk to Gambi.

I watched as she kissed him on the forehead and felt myself smile at the gesture. She walked away to change out of her suit.

"Don't you cry, old man. You deserve happiness too." He laughed and shook his head.

Next Day

Chris and I were making our way to Garfield High, since we didn't want to be late, for once. Walking in the crowd, I spotted Jennifer and Anissa but didn't want to bother them.

Mr. Pierce seemed to be in a better mood. Hopefully, Anissa talked some sense into him.

Chris and I split up and went our separate ways. I went to my locker and threw my bag in and took my books out for my classes.

Sitting in the circle with the rest of my class, we were giving shout-outs to people.

"Well, I'd like to give a shout-out to MTA for getting me here on time today." Everyone laughed at his remark and I began to space out. I heard the distant sound of sirens and realized it was police sirens. I walked over to the window, and Tavon seemed to notice the sound too and he walked up next to me.