41

Final chapter :,( it's been a long road and I'm excited to write more! Also don't worry there WILL be an epilogue

-Kennedy-

I didn't even notice that my knee was bouncing uncontrollably until Luke rested his palm on it to stop the frantic motion.

"You ok?" He asked, eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous." I coughed out. 'A little nervous' was certainly an understatement. I was scared out of my mind. Of course I couldn't tell Luke that because he'd think I was overreacting or worry. But the real problem was that everything was absolutely perfect. So perfect that I was terrified that it was all about to come crashing down with the announcement being made at this meeting.

"It's ok I'm nervous too." He admitted.

My mouth opened just the slightest bit in confusion, "I thought you knew what this meeting was about." I inquired.

"I do," he chuckled softly. "That's why I'm nervous."

"That's refreshing." I replied my words coated with sarcasm. We both laughed cautiously and stared at the door waiting for the management team to arrive. The conference room was extremely quiet and it made me feel as though I was being suffocated second by second.

Finally the sleek black door slid open, and the management team came in and sat down promptly.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Richard, the head of the group apologized.

"It's alright, we're not in a rush." Ashton replied amicably.

Luke winked at me, knowing how much I disagreed with that statement. It was an uncomfortable anxious feeling, like waiting to see what you got on your final exams back in high school.

Richard went on, "So as you all can see, we have someone special joining us here today."

"Thank you, but I really don't need a formal introduction." Michael joked.

"Shut up, the poor girl is dying to know what the news is." Calum said rolling his eyes at Michael playfully.

"As I was saying, Kennedy is here because today we're officially releasing our tour dates." Richard explained.

My nerves eased and I could feel the tension in my body release. I knew they would have to go on tour with the new album coming out. I wasn't elated because I knew it would mean being away from Luke for an extended period of time, but I wanted him to follow his dreams and I wanted the band to be successful.

"It's a global tour. Eighteen countries, four and a half months, fifty-three shows, that's what we're looking at folks." Richard laid out the numbers.

Luke looked over at me tentatively, "You up for it?" His eyes were wide and childlike, as if the next words I said could either make him the happiest person on the planet or shred him completely to pieces.

Everyone seemed to be staring at me.

"Yeah, of course," I nodded quickly. "I would never ask you not to go for me. You can't leave the fans waiting, they really do love you."

He shook his head, "I'm not asking you to let me go."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What could it be then?

Richard slid me a stack of papers covered in dence text. "This is a contract for you. Look it over, then let me know what you think."

I looked at Luke begging for answers.

"Will you go with me?" Luke asked in a blend of eagerness and desperation.

I sat in complete stillness for a second before I registered the words that had left his mouth. "Go with you... like on tour?"

Luke nodded quickly.

I felt at a loss for words. I hadn't expected that to be the topic of the meeting. I had always assumed that I would be the girl waiting at home and feeling lonely because my rockstar boyfriend was traveling the world. I had already accepted that as my fate.

"I- I don't know." I stumbled over my words as I tried to make sense of the proposal. "I think I'd probably just slow you guys down. I'd get in the way, and I'm not sure if the fans would like me there."

Luke frowned.

"You're kidding," Ashton scoffed. "Everyone knows the fans absolutely adore you."

Michael and Calum nodded in agreement.

"Come on Ken," Luke whispered. "Go with me? I don't know if I'll make it without you."

"I want to," I explained. "But what about my job here? I don't want to be the girl that follows you around the globe and lives off of your success."

"I know." Luke replied, sliding the contract closer to me.

He flipped through the stack until he got to the last page. In his messy handwriting it read, "Will you be our official band photographer? Check yes or no. Job includes: lots of adventures, jet lag, free concerts, warm snuggles, and me (Luke Hemmings in case you forgot)." He left space and then had drawn a crooked dotted line for me to sign on.

I couldn't help but laugh at how cute it was.

A smile washed over his face, "So?"

"Sounds like a pretty good deal to me." I grinned twirling the pen in my hand.

"Will you?" Luke pleaded.

I signed the dotted line and handed him the paper. "Of course I will."

The room exploded in cheers and celebration. I beamed as Luke burst out of his seat and threw his arms around me.

"You had me a little worried for a second there." He whispered as he held me tightly against his chest.

"You were included in the deal, how could I say no?" I giggled pressing my forehead to his.

"That's my girl." He smiled pressing his lips to mine.