"It's Rai-"

I shut the door before she could finish and rubbed my temples in frustration. Today really wasn't the day. He was definitely going to hear it when he came home. I headed to bed for right now and decided to go to sleep.

***

I couldn't sleep at all.

It was 1 AM by the time I heard Jaxon come in through the front door. I know The Diamond Club is an hour away from here. Made me curious about what he was doing so far away. Especially with his ex of all people...

I crawled out of bed and going out to the living room to see Jaxon petting Alex as he wagged his tail. It was really cute but, I wasn't in the mood to smile or be happy with him. After Alex and Jaxon's father and dog moment, he finally noticed my presence.

"Hey Kitten." He went to kiss me but, I blocked him. "Why were you all the way at The Diamond Club?"

He grew tense. "I told you, Tyler and I had something to handle."

"I need more than that. I thought you trusted me with this."

"It was just the guy who shot Audrey." He crossed his arms. "We were going to take care of them but, you sent Axel. Why were you talking to him in the first place?"

"Because if I can't stop you, I know he would've," I stated.

Jaxon rubbed his head, obviously looking agitated. I could care less about how he felt. If he didn't keep me up waiting for him until 1 AM in the damn morning, I would've spared him.

"Your ex-girlfriend, Rain decided to stop by too wondering where you were. Apparently, you don't have a girlfriend." I crossed my arms.

He rolled his eyes. "Of course she did... and I never said I didn't have a girlfriend. I didn't mention you at all."

"Why not?"

"Because I saw her out of the blue and I didn't want to talk to her for long. Kimora, you know I love you. I'd never cheat on you. You're all I ever want." He pouted. I hated how good he could be with his words. It made my sunken heart flutter in my chest. I know he was telling the truth and I know he wouldn't cheat on me. He didn't seem like that type of guy... no matter how much he slept around.

"How does she know your address?"

He shrugged. "I don't know... guess she still remembers it." He sighed before wrapping his arms around my waist. "I promise you, Kitten. I am all yours. She can try and step back into my life but, I won't let her. I have you now."

I held back my smile, keeping a straight face. "Damn right."

He chuckled, leaning down for a kiss but, I turned my head away from him. "I don't even get a kiss?"

"No, and you're sleeping on the couch tonight." I patted his chest before slipping out of his arms and going into his room. I closed the door behind me, hearing Jaxon groan. I pressed my back against the door, taking a few deep breaths to calm down my heart from beating so fast.

Stupid Captain Douche and his stupid, sweet words.

***

Jaxon tried to sneak into bed with me twice but, I caught him throughout the night and sent him back to the couch. It was nice having the whole bed too myself. I can't lie and say I didn't miss the warmth.