eleven

N A G I S A ' S P . O . V

~

After that day , we visited him everyday for 5-6 hours.....we sometimes did Classes there when Kishitani-sensei said that Karma-kun's having a good day.

We talked and talked , laugh , eat , tease each other around. Telling stories about the outside world he replied about the pranks he did that day..

it was so much fun !

We filled our day with brightness and smiles. As the twilight enters , we let out our inner thoughts.

But everything was fine.

He doesn't look like he's sick......

All of us still hoping that it was just some grand prank that he's playing......

We won't get angry , Instead we'll be relieve.

so won't you tell us that it was just a joke ?

Days passed and turned to weeks.

We didn't notice how he's getting paler.

Getting thinner.

Getting weaker.

Getting worse and of course ....

Getting near his end..

We didn't notice for some obviously stupid reason.

We don't want to..

Everyday , our eyes are filled with a phantom our mind created.We didn't know his eyes are becoming dull and his hair is losing it's shine...that is until..

Friday ( 3rd Week of January )

We were just sitting around and chatting. Playing card games and using puns.

He hasn't spoken for a while but I didn't notice. He was just sitting there staring into space.....These days where I almost forgot about his situation.

I forced myself to remember what he used to be......what WE used to be.

until he fell down and blacked out....

It scared the hell out of us....we've been together for almost the whole day for months and never once did he showed any signs of weakness.....for him to fall like that is simply.....Terrifying...

With Korosensei's speed he caught him before he fell...Sensei was so utterly surprised and horrified. Sweating bullets while shouting for some help.

While I just stood there helpless and so......pathetic.

Kishtani-sensei went in and plugged Karma-kun to the heart monitor.

He said that he'll be just fine and to not worry that it's not life threatening but still....it was our first and our denial and hope were cursed right in front of our eyes as we're forced to open our eyes and see the truth that he—

Karma-kun doesn't have long left.....

Friday ( 5th week of January )

Two weeks and a day after that Friday , we went there and saw him still sleeping....he looks so peaceful.....we sat there quietly , waiting for him to wake up....For hours and hours we waited.....

The awkward silence continued as we played and lay around.....

These days was so dull , won't it change ?

But after a few minutes.....

I regretted my request.

For that silence was broken down by a long beep coming from the side of a bed.....

The fear I felt 2 weeks ago was nothing compared to now.....

I feel like having a heart attack...

Karma-kun's heart just stopped right in front of us !!

Sensei quickly dragged the doctor in and helped with is needed. I tired to reassure myself that everything's be fine , that sensei is there and will take care of it but even with that......it didn't help one bit.

Never in my life did I feel so useless and scared...

"Hang on Karma-kun......hang on I promise I'll call you by your name now !" I heard Kishitani-sensei said as he charged the defibrillator

"Clear !" As his body jolted , I felt my heart skipped a beat as the monitor remained flatlined

"Argh shit Karma you fucker ! I'll damn you to hell if you died now !! It's not your time yet !" Kishitani-sensei shouted.

"Charging ! Raise to 200 Joules ! Clear !" Once again his body jerked up as it was shocked

" No response ! We're losing him ! C'mon you brat ! Don't slip under me ! Clear !" Kishitani-sensei put the pads on his chest and gave him a healthy jolt.

All of us are crying at the scene in front of us.....This couldn't be happening....

"Karma-kun Don't die ! Please not yet ! This is the last one so please !" He pleaded as he tried to revive him..

..but......

...The last ?....

NoNoNoFuckNo !

Karma-kun don't die please !

Let me see your eyes one more time please !

Please !

"Raise to 300 Joules ! Here goes ! Clear !" And for the one who makes miracles heard us.....

I fell down on my knees as tears starts falling down.

"Karma-kun good job....I know you can do it you brat !" I heard Kishitani-sensei mumbled....it looks like he's grown attached to him....We're finally allowed to enter the room and we saw Korosensei with a sad grin. He's terrified and so are us but right now...Our focus is on him.

As he opened his beautiful mercury eyes that I've longed to see

"What happened ? Why are you guys crying ?" He asked innocently...

"Nothing you just scared the shit out of us dying like that" Terasaka snorted

"I died ? Oh ! So that's what it was" he smiled softly at us

"Welcome back"

"Should I say I'm home ?"

Three weeks after that unfortunate day...Not once since that day did Karma scared the whole class.

He was back to normal since the ball..... is indeed round.