Chapter 7 Part 2

I feel terrible... this is such a short, crap chapter... I PROMISE I will upload tommorow or the day after with a super long chapter.

RECAP:

***MILLIE’S P.O.V                                               

The ride home was so cold. My lips were numb and my hands shook as they slid up and down the wheel, in time with the twisting road.

I had tried everything, and nothing worked, I knew what I had to do. I pulled over, and fumbled open my phone. Aaron looked confused. He was so damn cute; I knew I was going to miss him.

She picked up on the third ring, like she always does.

“Mum, I want to come for a visit. A long one.”

“Of course, the plane leaves tomorrow, didn’t your father tell you? He’s always so disorganized, that man, and he’s…” My mother got cut off as Aaron grabbed the phone from me and flung it onto the backseat of the car; it closed and hung up on my mother. “What the hell are you doing?” he practically screamed at me.

“I can’t take it anymore,” I said. “I have to go.”

“You can’t leave! I need you!”

“I need you too… or I needed you, until about 2 minutes ago.” I sighed.

“But – but I did that to protect you!”

“Protect me from what?” I asked, my temper rising.

“From  me,” he whispered. “I’m sorry Millie, I can’t control myself. I can’t control my anger. I am out of control, my whole family is.”

“Look,” I told him. “Will you stop comparing yourself to Parker! Stop thinking about him as better then you, and stop thinking that he will always beat you! If he has management issues, that doesn’t mean you do!”

“Yes it does,” he argued stubbornly.

“OK, my plane leaves tomorrow at around 11pm. That gives me the day to spend with you, and that is going to be the day that we DO NOT mention Parker. Understand?”

“Yes ma’am,” he said rolling his eyes.

“Good to have you back to normal, sergeant sarcasm.”

There was a long moment of silence, until he said, “You don’t really want to leave.”

“No, I don’t,” I said sadly, “but sometimes you have no other options.”

“What do you mean, you have no other options? You have options! Not all of us have a mum we can run away to when things get hard!”

“Aaron,” I begged. “Please, when I first met you, you were so different. You weren’t angry and you were funny and nice and treated me like it was my birthday... I miss you…”

“I miss me too,” he said. “I don’t know what’s going on! I’m so angry all the time!”

It was at that moment that I made it my mission to make Aaron have fun, and stop comparing himself to Parker.

I drove by his house the next morning. Parker came out first, though.

“Hey babe,” he said lazily to me.

“Oh, hi,” I said. “Hi Parker!”

God, he was so hot!

“Listen, I’m sorry about scaring you the other night when you came in,” he apologized. He looked sincere, and his green eyes melted my heart. Aaron ran out to see us smiling at each other, and his face dropped.

“What’s he doing here?” he growled.

“Easy, tiger,” Parker smiled at him. “I just came to say hi to my girlfriend.”

“Well, bye, we’re going to school.” I said uncomfortably. “It was nice seeing you.”

“Hey babe, give me a lift?” But we were already driving away. Aaron was scowling, so much for our super fun day.

“OK, guess what we’re doing first?” I asked him.

“Don’t care.”

“We’re going to the carnival!” I trilled happily. I forced a grudging smile out of him. “Think about it, cotton candy, and rides, and popcorn, and those cheesy stuffed animals that boyfriends win for their girlfriends, and stuff…”

He glanced sideways at me, and his small smile turned into the infamous smirk. “Only if I can choose what we do next.”

“Deal.”

We pulled up in the parking lot, and it was nearly empty. “Cause all those suckers are at school,” Parker muttered, as if reading my thoughts. I gave him a big bear hug. “It’s good to have my hubby back,” I whispered in his ear.

AARON’S P.O.V

“It’s good to have my hubby back,” Millie whispered in my ear. I shivered a little. Why is this girl so good at being a tease? And why, after all this time, does she still give me goose bumps?

“We should start on that project, I guess…” I said dispassionately. “And stop ditching school.”

“Since when were you Mr. Sensible? Anyway, while we’re here let’s enjoy it,” she said enthusiastically. “Look! Corn dogs! And a rollercoaster!”

“Hey, Lassie, slow down,” I complained, running after her. Where did all this energy come from? “Go on the coaster first… there’s no way I’m letting you go on a roller coaster after eating a corn dog.”

“There’s my husband, always protecting me,” she smiled. Then she grabbed my hand and led me over to the ticket booth.

“I hope you have that magical gold card of yours,” she said. God, that girl is mad…

And so began our absolutely spectacularly fun day.