twentytwo - War

It was so amazing watching Lucifer work closely with his people. It was amazing watching them think out a plan to so many outcomes. They thought of everything and anything. We were going into this prepared.

"I want you and the Incubi to surge around the back behind just in case they counter-attack us. We need to be ready everywhere, we are going into his domain, we have no footing or layout." Lucifer's voice was rich and deep. I smiled as his eyes gleamed with concentration and passion.

The hours ticked by and I started growing anxious. I was nervous for all of us. I squirmed at the thought of anyone getting injured or killed.

"Suit up we're about to enter," Lucifer bellowed to all the men.

I stood patiently waiting for my orders. I assumed he was going to make me stay here because it was "safe", but I was going to assure him I was not.

"I'm not going to stay on the sidelines Lucifer. I am going to be there to ensure you are safe," I remarked strictly.

His laugh rung around in my ears and made me smile. "Oh, Little Angel, I am quite offended you would think of me as that type of person. Of course, you'll be there. You will be in the safest place you can be; by my side."

I couldn't tell if he was trying to be cheesy or literal. His eyes suggest seriously, but his smirk suggested he was only playing a joke. Whatever it was I was going no matter what. I wasn't going to sit idly by.

"Vanna?"

I always found myself having internal babbles when Lucifer was trying to tell me something, perhaps I should really work on that.

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

"I asked if you were ready, we are arming up as we speak."

I looked around the small headquarters and sure enough everyone had left and it was just Lucifer and me.

"I suppose I am as ready as the light shining over the horizon."

Lucifer smile at my play on words, and I smiled at the sight of his lips curving up. Secretly, on the inside, I was trembling with fear. Fear is a feeling I've grown to very much dislike.

"Let's get on our way then, shall we," Lucifer spoke outstretching his arm to me. Silently I looped my arm around his and we headed towards the wall length mirror we had to go through when he took me to China.

My heartbeat grew faster as we approached the gates. I was waiting for something to happen, anything. Would Micheal sense us? Did he already have an ambush head towards us? What was going to happen to all of us?

"You surely do make me laugh Lucifer. I didn't take you as the type to send a small possy of demons to sway my mind and trick me. Do not fear I didn't kill them. I figured I would leave them to be ended by my angles."

A smirk appeared on his face, he thought he was going to win this. The look on Lucifer's face told me otherwise.

I jumped when a demon a few feet from me dropped due to a spear lodging itself into his chest. Chaos broke out around us and it was like Lucifer, Micheal and I were in our own little bubble.

"I am going to enjoy this," Micheal grin charging at Lucifer sword in his hand. Stress grew within me as I recognized the swords they were welding. If one of the two were to be pierced through their heart they would be ended forever.

Every time I tried to move to help I would be pushed back my a glowing dome around me. I was being prevented from helping and it was destroying me inside.

A piercing pain erupted through my chest as I was trying to escape my small bubble.

My veins ran cold as I saw Lucifer on his knees; sword through his chest.

I couldn't suppress the scream that left my lips. So many emotions surged through my chest and I would be lying if I said anger wasn't the leading one.

As I pressed my hand to my aching chest light surged from my body destroying the small bubble keeping me in, and knocked everyone off their feet. Everything was quiet and Micheal looked to me with a smug look on his face.

My face heated with anger and the next thing I knew I was standing directly in front of Micheal. His face was only inches from mine. His lips still held that smug smile.

I gripped his dense shoulder in anger squeezing as hard as I could.

"Is that supposed to hurt, Little Angel?"

Hearing my nickname that was not his to use angered me more, and bright fiery light escaped my hand into his skin. His hands pulled against mine to remove it; to rid himself of the pain.

I kept squeezing harder until his body encased in scorching light and dropped lifeless to the ground.

I felt no emotion as I looked at his deadbeat body. I almost forgot everything around me, until muffled whispers reached my ears.

Pain reentered my chest and tears streamed from my eyes as I dropped to Lucifer's side. He was silent; lifeless.

"Please don't leave me," I whispered with wet words as my hand creased his face.

I cried harder when he didn't respond. I pulled the sword from his chest and pressed my hand to his bloody chest. I couldn't help burying my tear streaked face into his chest.

I could care less about the blood that was covering me, my cries reached every corner of Heaven and the deepest parts of Hell. I'm sure Earth felt my sorrow. I felt like my heart and soul had been ripped into two and one half had torn to pieces. I felt like nothing, my other half had been destroyed.

I could feel the light pulsing from my body, I could care less why it was doing that. I could care less about everything right now. The one thing I cared the most about had been taken from me.

How was I supposed to go on?