seventeen - Love At First Light

I rolled over in the bed and faced a soundly sleeping devil. The sun started to peek through the sheer orange curtains behind me and cast a glow onto his skin. He was such a beautiful creature.

Lucifer had made the last two days wonderful. We had visited the Yu Garden, the Jade Buddha Temple, and just yesterday we had hiked up some of the small mountains and visited some of the older villages. The view was so beautiful, and I was one hundred percent sure nothing would be able to top it.

Although, I was surprised at how much Lucifer and I had bonded. I was glad I was handling these feelings well though. I was becoming less scared of the warm feeling in my chest that Lucifer gave me.

I think I was okay with loving Lucifer, but I wasn't sure how I would handle if he didn't love me back. I wasn't for sure if I had felt that feeling before, but a part of me knew I hadn't begun to feel anything close to that.

"I'm starting to think you stare at me every time I sleep," Lucifer grumbled with his eyes still closed.

I couldn't help to laugh. "Says the one who has seen me indecent before. For all I know you could have taken me while I was unconscious."

"I may be the Devil, ruthless ruler of Hell, but I would never take advantage of someone, let alone an Angel, like that. I was an Angel once, I still keep some of the good faith."

The orange light mixed with his blue eyes and they showed like the rarest of jewels.

I was silent when he brushed the hair away from my face. This man was capturing my heart, and I was completely okay with being the Devil's Angel.

"I'm sad to say our vacation will end today, Little Angel," he whispered softly getting up from the bed. "Also, if you wanted, when we get back I can bring you back to Heaven."

I had completely forgotten about getting back. Did I want to go back now?

"Vanna?"

"Hmm?" I was completely corrupted by the thought of going back home, and if I really wanted to.

"Do you want to go back," Lucifer questioned looking at me carefully.

Did I want to go back?

"Can I have some more time to think on it?" He nodded and turned away to get dressed.

I wanted to go home because I did miss father, and perhaps I wouldn't have to be hidden anymore. But, I wanted to stay with Lucifer because he was showing me things I never dreamt of and making me experience things I would have never experienced if I stayed in Heaven.

I'm at a crossroad. Go back and risk being hidden from the world again, or stay and witness the world and what it has to offer.

I knew what I wanted the most, but there was this nagging feeling keeping me from completely choosing what I want.

"Ready, Little Angel?"

"Yes, of course," I spoke clearly distracted.

I was eerily silent when we stepped through the portal. The cool wind crashed into my warm skin, and I instantly missed being in Shanghai.

"Empusa, please take care of our bags." Lucifer's voice bellowed throughout the halls, bouncing in every direction.

Empusa was one of few shapeshifting demons. She was honestly very beautiful. I had run into her my first days in Hell, but it was usually her doing Lucifers bidding.

A few of those times I caught her giving Lucifer longing looks. That alone made me wonder if Lucifer had ever loved someone else. Had he had a mistress before?