Toxic Marriage

So many stories so little time....so why the hell do I keep making more

Probably cause I have no self control.

So heres Maid Marinette AU

Enjoy it or don't

_______________________________________

Adrien sat in his room staring at the clock that filled the space with it's constant ticking. It was currently 3:50 in the morning and he has yet to hear anything from his wife who said she'd be home over two hours ago.

He's called her phone multiple times and left multiple messages as well as texts in an attempt to reach her and she still hasn't responded to a single one.

Adrien sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. She's been doing this a lot lately, she'll say that she'll be back at a certain time and then won't show up until several hours later and every time she does it leaves Adrien worried sick about her whereabouts. The least she could do is respond to one of his calls, just what exactly was she up to.

The blonde's attention goes to the door that was slowly opening itself. On the other side was his wife, who had finally came home. She looked tired, but Adrien knew better by now that that tiredness was a result of nonstop drinking.

She was drunk again.

"Lila where have you been?" Adrien asked giving somewhat of a stern tone.

"I went out." She says simply. "I told you I'd be back."

"You said you'd be back nearly three hours ago Lila. You had me worried sick, why didn't you answer any of my calls?"

"My phone was dead." She stated, before walking over and taking a seat on the love seat in their room. "I don't understand why you worry so much. I'm here now aren't I?"

"That's not the point Lila, the least you could have done was give me a call telling me you were gonna be late or better yet you could have told me where you were going in the first place." Adrien sighed. "I bet you don't even remember what today is, do you?"

"Babe please I'm really tired. I've had a long night and I just want to get some sleep." The brunette stood up. "I'm going to go freshen up in the bathroom and get ready for bed."

Lila walked over to the bathroom and shut the door. Adrien walked over to the dresser and pulled out a black box. Inside the box was a diamond necklace that he had bought earlier that week as a gift for Lila.

It was to celebrate their 7th year anniversary.

Adrien sighed and tossed the box back into the dresser before slamming it shut. He had the entire evening planned for the two of them and he thought this would help bring things back to the way they used to be and maybe he'd feel that spark from when he first got married once again.

Sadly, that wasn't the case. Lila made plans to hang out with some old friends of hers at that last minute and she said that she wouldn't be out long, so Adrien decided they'd have there evening when she returned, but she never did and now their anniversary is over.

The blonde heard a buzzing over by the love seat where Lila previously sat. When he walked over he saw her phone on and bright as it flashed an unknown number across the screen. Once he picked up the phone the ringing stopped and that's when he saw that her phone was on full battery.

Lila came out of the bathroom wearing nothing, but a robe and was currently puffing a cigarette. Adrien turned to his wife and showed her phone in his hand.

"Your dead phone was ringing." He said before tossing it on to the bed.

"I charged it on my way back." She responded nonchalantly.

"Then why didn't you call me?" He said getting noticeably irritable. "..and who's calling you at 4 in the morning?"

"Adrien can we please not do this right now? I'm really tired."

"No! You always do this, everytime I ask you a question or address a problem you push it to the side and pretend that the issue no longer exist. I want answers!" Lila puffed her cigarette again and Adrien stomped over and grabbed the cancerous thing out of her hand. "I thought you said you quit smoking?" He said ashing it out.

Lila grew angry. "It helps when I'm stressed Adrien. I thought you understood that!"

"Well excuse me for trying to prevent my wife from getting lung problems." Adrien rolled his eyes. "Anyways that's not the-"

"I don't understand what your problem is? Are you trying to be my dad or something? Did you forget that my dad was a drunk piece of shit who used to beat me whenever he got bored."

"Lila that's not what I-"

"I thought you cared about me Adrien..." Lila started to cry and Adrien immediately felt bad for making her so.

"Lila please...I do care, just please stop crying." He held her arms. "It's because I care about you that I worry when you don't come home when you say. Just please let me know next time okay."

The brunette sniffed and wiped her eyes. "Okay..."

They shared a quick kiss, Adrien didn't want to go any further,  but Lila began to undo the buttons on her shirt and slowly slipped her robe off her shoulders. She pulled him back down for another kiss, this time more heated than the first.

She tasted like smoke and rum and it repulsed Adrien a bit, but he pushed through it. He tried to feel something, anything to prove that this was all worth it, but the passion he longed for couldn't be found...not with her.

Even after he made her come three times over and she claimed to love him more than anything else. His heart felt numb.

_______________________________________

Okay bring me your hate I'm ready for it lmao.

I feel like I should defend myself and say that I don't ship Lila and Adrien. In fact they aren't even the main focus of this story.

You already know who's gonna show up and put a stop to this.

Just like I said in the description though there will be Liladrien moments so if you can't handle that I suggest you leave right now.

No point in reading something you don't want to read.

Why would you do that?

Leave a vote and a comment if you want this story to continue.

Ciao for now. 😆✌