Chapter 31

Seth's POV

''Make sure you get a good night's rest, Prince Seth. You have a big day ahead of you tomorrow...'' Jules's mother murmured to me as we walked further into the castle.

After we returned to the castle and granted Alva his vision back, I thought it was best to go see Estelle and Jules. After the countless questions of what hell is like- they finally told me that the Kingdom was just fine. We were gone for about a day as I suspected.

While we were gone the people of my Kingdom came to an agreement. The day after I returned... they were going to crown me King of France. It surprised me, really. It goes to show that my people trust me... and they trust my plan with the mythical world.

Jules's mother is supposed to help me prepare for crowning; since my mother is no longer here with us. She gratefully took the job on... but I could tell that she feels guilty for everything that happened with Jules. She was averting her gaze with mine every time I looked at her...

''Mrs. Angelle, are you okay?'' I asked. She gazed over at me with a hint of guilt in her grey eyes, stopping in her tracks.

She took my hands in hers, gazing up at me with a weak smile on her lips.

''Oh, Seth... always putting others first. I'm okay, darling...'' She said to me. I furrowed my eyebrows at the uncertainty in her voice.

''Mrs. Angelle... I hope you know it's not your fault. The three of you were-''

''I-I know darling... I just wish I could have protected the three of us. If I could... your mother might still be alive.'' She whispered. I wanted to tell her that I met with my mother, I wanted to tell her that I had a nice conversation with her. Though I shouldn't tell her about where she is... it may have soothed her. But I decided against it.

''Sometimes things happen for a reason, Mrs. Angelle... perhaps it was fate,'' I told her. She nodded her head slowly, slowly bringing her hand up to my cheek.

''I know I can't replace your mother... but if you need anything I'm here. Don't be afraid to ask...'' She said to me, leaving a smile lingering on my lips.

''Thank you.''

We said our goodbyes to each other as we arrived to my bedroom. She carried herself better after we had our discussion. Ever since Jaxon pulled them out of their possession, she's been very timid and shy- she'd carry herself with no confidence. I could only hope that she no longer thinks it's her fault.

I walked into my bedroom, my eyes landing on Jaxon. He sat on the bed with his spellbook in his hands. I watched as he slowly tilted his head up, a smile appearing on his lips at my presence.

''What are you reading?'' I asked Jaxon as I approached him, my fingers finding their way up to my head. I pulled the crown off of my head, setting it on the nightstand next to my bed.

''Ah... just my spell book. I was making sure that Alva's spell is a one-time thing. Sometimes some spells must be applied recurringly...'' He said to me.

''Is it all set then?'' I asked him. I began to unbutton my shirt as I spoke to him- I couldn't help but notice the faint blush on his olive skin.

''Yeah... can I talk to you about something?'' He suddenly asked me, taking me off guard. I pulled the shirt off of my torso, laying it on the floor beside the bed.

''Of course,'' I replied, climbing up on the bed beside him. He closed the spell book in his hands, placing it on the nightstand beside him.

''Well... I was just wondering...'' He started, the blush on his face getting worse. He opened his mouth multiple times to speak... but nothing came out.