Chapter 1

''Jayce, it keeps happening... I don't know what to do with anymore, I know it's not his fault, but...'' My mother cried out, her face buried in her shaking hands. I looked over to the man, his facial expression was twisted in an expression that clearly read a few things; he was tired, and he didn't find it amusing.

"Queen Ella... I've said to you countless times, my magic will fade. As he grows older, all of these memories will flood back to him. It's enviable.'' The man said. My mother looked up at him, her sad eyes slowly growing to anger in response.

"I thought I could trust you! You told me you were the head warlock, whatever that means! I should have never associated with your kind!'' She said with a shaky voice, standing up and walking over to the door with her fists clenched at her sides. The man suddenly rose his hand, a bright blue color leaking from his palm as he twisted his fingers gently. My mother suddenly froze in place, struggling to break free from the warlock's spell.

'

"Let me go, I demand you.''

The warlock placed his whiskey on the table beside him. He slowly walked towards her, his eyes now radiating an intense bright blue that were now filled with resentment.

''Let's get one thing straight, Queen Ella.'' He said softly, placing his hand firmly against the door that she had previously tried to escape to. She let out a shaky sigh at his words, trying to thrash around in the warlocks grip- but of course, it was no use. No human can escape the magic of a warlock, especially Jayce Darkmore's magic.

'

"The whole demon world and anyone who is not human is looking for your son right now. Yes, I am indeed the head warlock, my magic is very in fact powerful... I can put a spell on your son to keep the demons away from him, I can erase his memories, but I cannot do anything when my magic fades. Your son is far more powerful than you think, I think it's silly you're suppressing his powers...''

''The kingdom will MURDER him if they find out-''

The warlock put a finger to his own lips, motioning for her to stay quiet. She immediately cut herself off, her eyes furrowing in surprise. He was a powerful warlock, to say the least.

''That silly little war we had with your kind... we let you win. You have no idea what we are capable of. We were stripped from everything we had and still built ourselves from the ground up with nothing..." he went on.

"You took away an empire. We built one from sticks and bones... and trust me, we had plenty of time to convince ourselves not to burn down yours with everyone inside."

''Prince Seth, It's time to rise for the day.''

The voice awoke me from the dream, snapping up from my bed abruptly. Valentin looked at me curiously, the list of activities I must do today in his hands.

''I'm sorry my prince, did I scare you?'' He asked me. I pulled myself out of bed, shaking my head in disagreement.

''Far from it, Valentin. I just had a strange dream, that's all.'' I replied. A frown appeared on his thin lips before opening the long scroll in his hands.

''You seem to have a lot of nightmares lately, is anything bothering you?'' He asked me again.

''I'm okay, thank you for caring so much.'' I said to him. He smiled at me with a toothless grin, closing the scroll before nodding his head in response.