Chapter 10

Seth's POV

I felt Jaxon place his hand firmly on my back, his fingers grasping the fabric of my shirt. I looked behind me, my gaze landing on his face. He was looking down at me with an expression of sympathy, his eyes his bright yellow color. I felt a breeze of air wrap around us, realizing he was teleporting us away from the scene.

We ended up in my bedroom, I was still in my doubled-over position from throwing up. He took his hand off my back, wrapping it around my arm. He pulled me over to the nearest seat, kneeling down in front of me. I couldn't bear to look at him, I couldn't bear to do anything at the moment. He placed his hands on each of my arms, gently running his thumbs in a comforting motion.

''Can you speak, darling?'' He asked me softly. I shook my head no, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I felt stupid for feeling like this... she's the one who caused all of this. She had my memories erased for covering up her tracks. She didn't want to get in trouble for abusing me. She didn't want the kingdom to fall apart... She still shouldn't have had me. If I haven't seen the memories... she would be a wonderful mother. She taught me how to bake, she homeschooled me. She taught me how to shave, even though herself she didn't know that well how to... She was the only one I had. Yes, I had my grandfather... but I didn't have a dad. She was all I had.

Everything is happening too fast. Just a week ago I was getting a black beaded necklace from the maidens of my kingdom for my birthday, I was practicing hand to hand combat with Jules. My mother and I were okay, my grandfather was alive... I regained my memories, oh god... those sick, awful memories... I could still feel her tearing at my skin... I could feel her trying to tear the wings out of my back. I could feel the anger in her voice...

I felt myself flinch against Jaxon's touch, not daring to meet his eyes. He immediately took his hands from my arms, and I felt his worried stare boring into me.

''Please don't hurt me...'' I heard myself say, feeling myself spiral into a panic. The tears that were daring to leak from my eyes finally fell, my body shaking with sadness. I don't know why I was acting like this... I don't want to lose my mother, but I think I already did... I'm going to lose her. The woman who raised me... but also my abuser. I love her so much but she hurt me so badly... I don't know who I was asking not to hurt me, It wasn't directed at Jaxon... I just don't want to hurt anymore. I don't want it.

''Seth, I would never hurt you... and I promise you that if anyone tries I'm going to be there to return the favor.'' He said to me, an attempt to calm me down. I felt myself sobbing harder, my fists clenching. I don't want her to die, I know it's stupid to say... I love her, even though she doesn't love me.

''Seth... I know how awful it is to lose your mother. I'm not going to ridicule you for being sad, even after everything she's done to you. My mother wasn't the best either... She didn't like that she bared a demon's child, she neglected me. Though she tried her best... she knew I was still her son. When she committed I was devasted... I still miss her to this day. That was almost over three-hundred years ago and I still miss her... I know it's hard... but I need you to try to calm down, you're beginning to hyperventilate.'' He finished, his voice shaky.

I still couldn't look at him. I probably looked so weak... I'm supposed to be Lucifer's son. I'm supposed to be one of the most powerful beings alive, what is wrong with me? Was it because I was raised as a regular human? What even am I in this world? I feel like a mistake...

''...Angel, It's time to calm down.''

With those words, I felt an inner peace within me. I was still sad, the tears were still streaming down my face... but I felt somewhat at peace. I finally stopped sobbing, only soft whimpers and sniffles came from me. I finally gained the courage to look up at him, whipping my eyes.