chapter sixteen

16;  ALLIES

16; ALLIES

Why does it even matter to you what others think about you?

─ 𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞

───────────────────

I LOOK UP at the tribute who crashed me to the ground with his weight, it's none other than Percy. He's holding around a silver trident, which means he made it to the Cornucopia without running into one of the Careers. His blue eyes stare at my face, still bloody from the District 7 boy.

"What are you waiting for?" I shot at him, obviously without any chance against him since he's got a weapon. That's when I remember Clove's knife stucking in my back pack. I swiftly move my hand back to grab around the knife and jump back on my feet.

Percy holds both of his hands while his right hand still holds around the trident. "Easy with the knife, twelve. I'm not going to kill you."

I raise an eyebrow at the dark haired boy. My hand still clenches around the knife while I study every move Percy makes. That's when I hear voices coming closer into our direction. "What are you waiting for run!" He whispers and I don't wait any longer, I start to run further into the forest.

Percy is obviously following me which makes me even more paranoid even though he already had the chance to kill me. Why would he spare my life just to kill me later?

The voices disappeared with every step I take. My lungs feel like their burning me from the inside out but I know I have to get going. All I do is run when suddenly Percy screams from behind. "Stop! Don't move!" I quickly follow his orders, turning around to face the boy from District 4, he's just as tired of running as I am.

"What is it?" I ask him while I try to breathe normally, without succeed. "Nothing I just wanted you to finally stop running your own little marathon. You're fast, twelve." He grins at me, showing his pearly white teeths.

"Learn to keep up, four." I snapped back before I turn around to follow the pad again. I can't believe Percy can still make his damn jokes while he's trapped in an Arena to kill other children. The boy then grabs around my arm and pulling me back. "It's getting dark, let's set down for the night."

I look at him before I take in my surroundings. We're almost at the end of the arena, so no attacks from behind. "Fine, get some wood and I will get us something to eat." I mumble, still not trusting Percy fully.

"I like when you talk bossy." He grins and I just groan at his comment while I walk away from him to finally get something to eat, or should I say just to get away from him for a second.

How I wish Gale would be here, his snares are the best back home. I look around paranoid when I hear a sound, but it was just a bird or should I say a mutation of a bird in a tree. I shake my head at myself while I open my backpack to check what's inside.