Lift me up

You are my protection and when it’s rough at sea you calm the waves till I can see my reflection. You forgive me for all my sins, and I have many, and I am ashamed, for things I’ve done, you pull me through I put all my trust in you.

 you help me see clearly, when my vision turns to grey, you paint the world, when the colour fades,  

Chorus

You lift me up when I am falling,

You shelter me when the sky is pouring

You give me hope when I am stalling

You heal my soul when my heart is breaking

You put me on my feet when I’m left crawling

You lift me up, you lift me up you lift me up.

Oh, I was nothing, before I let you in, I had no hope, for I only sinned I was afraid of my own shadow, I’d seen so much pain to plant the grass in a meadow, For I didn’t know, that love existed, I didn’t know, my world was twisted by manipulation and lack of dedication, I let a million people get in my way, let them tell me lies so that I Was afraid, let my tears soak permanent trails down my face, I was running a no man’s race.

You enlighten me when I am ashamed

You trust in me, when I am blamed

You believe in me when all is claimed

You help me see through all of this pain.

You allow me, to be renamed

You are the force which keeps me sane

Now That I know you the world has changed, I realise there isn’t so much pain, you opened my eyes so I could see, a light shining down upon me, Now I know that there is love, now I know there is more to life, now I know how to survive for you are mighty for you are strong, for you lift me up when all is wrong, you saved me from all that was, and gave me direction you give me law. For you are gracious for you forgive, for you love me for who I am, you see right through me, and I can’t hide, so now I know you walk by my side. When no one sees me, when I am invisible I know to be faithful.

You give me hope when I am hopeless

You are my wings when I am flightless