49. I'll be Waiting

I stand absolutely still for a minute or so, as he kisses me, and then I break away from him, laughing, and run to the corner. He follows me, and pins me to the wall, and tries to kiss me again, but I dodge and say, laughing, "You can't catch me, Na Jaemin." And then, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but the next instant, we're tumbling down on the bed, the huge bed in the corner. It gives an almighty creak and a groan, as if it's going to break apart, and we laugh even more, I'm laughing so hard I've got tears in my eyes, and then the laughter dies on my lips, and on his, too, and we look into each other's eyes, and my heart starts to pound.

"Mina... ," he whispers.

"Jaemin..."

"What?"

"I've just thought of another story," I whisper.

"What story?"

"Sleeping Beauty."

"I know that one," he says softly, and starts to trail wicked little kisses all around the edges of my lips.

"My story is different..."

"Once upon a time, there was a prince who fell in love with a princess, who fell in love with him too..." I say softly, and I raise my head a little on his chest, looking dreamily into his eyes.

"It was love at first sight for both of them..." I hear the smile in his voice.

"But he was bewitched by a wicked witch, and fell asleep in a cottage deep in the woods..."

"Like this one?"

"Exactly like this one."

"Then? Did the princess find him?"

"She searched and searched, but she couldn't find him, because he was deep in the woods, and it was very dark..."

"Then?" He's kissing the hollow in my neck; whispery, feathery touches of delicious and sinful delight, making me gasp, and moan a little.

"Oh..."

"Then?"

"Then, one moonlit night, she found a magical path through the woods that led all the way to the cottage..."

"She pushed open the door, and there he was, lying in his princely clothes, sleeping in his bed..."

"She leaned forward, looked down at his sleeping face, and fell in love with him all over again..."

"And then she kissed him..."

I hold his face between my palms and kiss him.

"And he woke up, and they got married, and they lived happily ever after."

"Something's wrong with your story."

"What's wrong with my story?"

"She forgot to tell him that she loved him."

"She didn't need to..."

"Why not?"

"Because he could see it in her eyes, she didn't need to say it at all..."

I lean my forehead against his, and gaze into his eyes.

"Because her love was there, shining in her eyes, and all he had to do was to look, and he would see it."

He kisses me tenderly.

"Jaemin..."

"Hm?"

"I love you..."

"I love you, Mina..."

And the rest of my words are lost against his lips, as he kisses me, very gently at first, and then he changes, and starts to kiss me fiercely, hungrily, growing more and more demanding, more hungry with each kiss. And all the time, my choking excitement grows and grows, until it reaches fever-pitch, and even the soft, gentle scent of the autumn flowers earlier seems to change and become different, becomes a hot, heady smell, pungent and honeyed, seducing me, drugging me, making me feverish, making the hot blood course through my veins...

I don't want him to stop, I want him to go on and on and on. I don't stop him when he pulls my dress down over my shoulder. He kisses my exposed flesh, and his lips are so hot, they burn me, scorch me, sear me. And then his hands are all over me, over all the secret parts of me, touching me, caressing me, and I clutch him and kiss him in an agony of love and longing and passion.

"I love you so much," I whisper, and I run my hands over his fine, muscled body, the suppleness of him, hot and damp beneath my questing fingers. Vaguely, I register that he is shirtless...I must have torn it off him in a frenzy of drunken passion. The glow from the candlelight is on his face, his eyes are very dark, consumed by heat, by hunger, by passion. The detached, remote expression has gone from his eyes forever - I have a feeling it has gone forever. The gentle breeze drifting from a rattling window pane is blowing his light, fair hair, and I rake my fingers through the wispy, filmy strands. His lips look tender, moist, a little bruised from my kisses.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." His voice is ragged, uneven, and I open my eyes, and catch my breath at the wonder, the beauty and the splendour of him, my Jaemin, my one and only, my forever love. I wish I could find words to describe how beautiful his sculptured body is, how perfect and wonderful it is, serious, beautiful words, to describe it, poised over me in the flickering candlelight, but the more I strive for them, the more they elude me...

But in the end, that was all we did, we took delight in each other, but we never crossed the line. 

"One day, when the time is right, when you are ready, my sweet..." He kisses me gently. "One day, you'll be mine, in every sense of the word...but not now, not tonight." He cradles me in his arms, and says softly, "I love you, and I'll wait for you, so there's no hurry for you to grow up, there's no hurry for you to become a woman. You're 16, my darling, and you've got all the time in the world, and one day, you'll be ready, and I'll be waiting, and I'll be there to guide you every step of the way to become a woman, my woman, Na Jaemin's woman..."

We dress, and then we lie down quietly side by side in each other's arms, and fall asleep, and in the morning we wake, when the sun shines bright on our faces; I stir, and turn, and I see his beloved face, and happiness flows into my heart, more serene, much wiser than the happiness I had felt before, when I was with him, before he forgot me. 

I lean over and kiss his sleeping face gently, and I think to myself, he belongs to me, and I belong to him. Last night has proven that we belong to each other.

He stirs, opens his eyes, and smiles at me drowsily, and mumbles,  "I love you..."

And, in that moment, I discover another great truth.

True happiness comes from truly loving someone.

But the greatest happiness of all comes from being loved in return by the one you truly, truly love.