17%

topic: when you break a bone
____________________________

gilinsky (age 12)
today had been a pretty decent day for you. for one, you didn't have to go to school. it was a holiday! fourth of july in particular.

you'd woken up pretty early to get ready for the day. you had no clue what to wear and went to ask your older brother for some help.

you walked out of your room and into his room down the hall, door open. he wasn't there and noticed his bathroom door closed.

you layed on his bed and waited till he came out. you were still kinda tired since it was still early and "rested" your eyes for a few seconds.

a lil' later ☀️

"wakey wakey." you groaned, opening your eyes to see jack smiling down at you. you sat up slowly, asking for the time.

"10:05 am" he responds. "was i asleep?" you asked. he nodded his head, sitting down next to you. "you woke up pretty early for a 12 year old." he says.

"so did you." you defend. he chuckles before getting up. "we're leaving in an hour so don't worry, you still have time to get all dolled up." he says, flipping his non existent hair to the side.

you laugh and get up. "i need help. that's why i came in here. what should i wear?" you lay down your clothes on his bed and step to the side so he can get a better look.

the first outfit was a white sun dress with pink flowers covering and a jean jacket to go with it. the second outfit was short overalls with a simple white shirt to go underneath.

"i like the overalls." he says. you nod your head and take back the clothes and head to your room. once you're dressed, you grab your phone, your bag and head downstairs.

you put on your white converse and sit down on the couch. your parents come down a little while later and start getting everything in the car.

jack comes down as well and soon, you guys head to the car to leave. it's a 20 minute drive to this fancy place on a dock and you guys stay there for a good hour and a half.

once you're done eating, you run to the car, excited to go to the beach. jack runs behind you and he beats you there. it's another hour and a half to get to the beach. you watch a movie with jack on his laptop on the drive there.

once you're at your beach house, you head into your room to change into your bikini. you wear your clothes over it and head out to your patio.

the sun is blaring down on you and you head back inside. "it's too hot outside. we're all gonna burn." you groan, falling face first on the couch.

jack comes in, mimicking you on the other couch. "let's just sleep all day." he suggests. you smile and everyone decides to wait a little before heading out.

later 🥴

it's now 6 o'clock. the sun is still out but it's not so hot now. you and your family walk to the dock a few minutes away and head on your boat.

you make jack take pictures of you and when you look back over them, it's just pictures of him making faces. you roll your eyes and laugh to yourself as the boat starts to take off.