Chapter 10

Cas stayed in bed with Cal until he woke up and wanted breakfast. It was nine by the time they got downstairs and Victoria already had breakfast on the table. The boys took their seats and she smiled at them as Danny walked by, ruffling their hair.

"Great timing boys. We wanted to talk to you before we headed off this morning." Danny started, giving a concerned glance to Cal. He noticed something was off and only stopped when he saw Cas give him the 'don't ask look'.

Victoria picked up where he left off, "We meant to talk to you sooner and give you a least a days' notice, but the time of our needed arrival has moved up. This isn't the first time we left and your older than you were all the previous times we've left. So, this is nothing new, but we wanted to make sure you'd call if you needed anything or if anything happened, especially due to the new wolves."

She sat with them and they began filling their plates.

Cas furrowed his brow before contributing to the conversation, "You do realize we haven't really had problems, overlooking the Marcus situation. We actually get along quite well."

"Yes, we know but within the next week Xavier believes they'll be able to have the rest of the moving members here. Even if it's not next week, we'll probably still be gone for it as our trip looks like it'll take a month maybe two. So, while we're gone you two are in charge of any incoming vampires and keeping peace between the wolves and vampires here."

"Okay. I understand." Cas agreed before taking another bite of his food. Swallowing he questioned, "Has anyone messaged saying they're going to be passing through the area?"

"No not recently." Danny answered.

Cas asked a few more questions to confirm the situation while they are gone, and everything seemed worked out by the time they all finished breakfast. Danny took his took everyone's plates to the dishwasher before heading out with his wife to the car. Cas followed Cal upstairs and they went their separate ways to get ready for the day.

Cas Changed into gray sweats and pulled on a black long sleeve before heading over to Cal's room with his shoes in hand.

Cal was pulling on a tan jacket over his green and white plaid when Cas walked in, "Do you want to come over to the village with me or do you have other plans?"

Cal brushed off his blue jeans before looking up at him, "I'll come if Jonah and Lucas are free, I don't feel like sitting through a boring meeting." Cal gave him a smile.

Cas rolled his eyes but was thankful that he was starting to return to normal. They were headed downstairs when Cas spoke again, "They are, we were planning on doing something, so they left their morning open."

"What were we going to do?" Cal questioned.

"Something. We haven't figured it out yet."

Cal shook his head, of course they haven't. Jonah and Lucas wouldn't know what to do since they're still relatively new to town and Cas was useless when it came to such things.

They stood from the bench by the door when they finished lacing their shoes and went out the door which slammed shut behind them. They didn't have time to waste shutting it nicely as they ran for the forest. Cas shifted and they proceeded to race to the village, something hasn't been able to do since the pack arrived in town. Cal blew past some wolves who were walking about just outside of town and skidded to a stop. Cas wasn't far behind him and came up next to him, circling around him before shifting. Neither had broken a sweat nor were they breathing hard.

Jonah and Lucas walked out of their respective houses, probably able to smell their presence, and joined them while Cas was in the midst of glaring at Cal because his vampire speed.