Chapter 6

Cas tossed Lucas' duffle on his bed, looking back at him he seemed to slowly inch his way into the room. He understood, after years of not being able to enter another's room it was quite odd. Though he had Cal.

"It's safe to come in, your father said I'd enjoy it." He attempted to console his mate.

Lucas gave an uneasy smile, "That just makes it even more odd."

Cas chuckled but grabbed his arm pulling him to his chest and into the room, "That wasn't too bad, was it?" He kept his arms wrapped around his mate.

Lucas' cheeks tinted pink, "I guess."

Cas pulled away, walking over to his dresser. He pulled out a hoodie and boxers. Leaving them on the dresser, he glanced at his bed, noticing the new sheets. He barely remembered changing them.

"Dinner will be soon if you want to shower before hand." He ignored the pain in his back, taking it as a sign that the stitches had almost closed.

Lucas opened his duffle, grabbing his night clothes, he swallowed thickly, "Okay," His voice cracked, "This is when I normally shower. When do you shower?"

"After dinner," He looked to Lucas, "Unless you want me to join you?" He added with a crooked smirk.

Lucas stiffened, his eyes meeting the floor, "I- uh- I.-"

Cas chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Lucas' front, "Don't worry, I was joking. I'm also under strict orders to not touch you."

"Why did my dad find that necessary?" He mumbled rhetorically.

Cas responded anyway, "He's just trying to protect you. He doesn't want us to take this too fast."

"But we're mates, most mates mate within the first week. Hell, my parents mated the first night."

Cas turned Lucas around and lifted his chin, "He doesn't want you hurt. There's a lot going around about me. I also don't believe either of us are ready for that." Especially considering Caspian doesn't know what he's doing.

Lucas shrugged, starting to feel awkward as he has nothing else to say. Caspian's right, he isn't ready, and honestly, he's quite scared.

"How about you shower," Cas released his hold, "I'm going to check on the others."

Lucas watched him leave before entering the adjoined bathroom. The thought of mating with Caspian scared him. He's never been intimate with someone. He never even been kissed.

XXXXXXXX

Cas wandered the halls, following Jonah's scent. He came to Callum's room, finding the werewolf examining the surroundings.

"Where's Cal?" He asked, catching his attention.

Jonah faced him, looking away from Callum's art, "He's in the shower. He said I could look around. I've never been in another person's room, it's odd."

Cas nodded his head, he could understand that. Callum's room was his first too, "If you have time, I would like to speak to you for a moment."

Jonah followed him out and down to the library. Noticing Jonah wasn't going to speak first Caspian started:

"I heard what your mother said about deficiencies and acting normal."

Jonah's eyes flicked around, examining his facial reactions and posture but he remained quiet.

"I'm guessing this is related to your reaction to the noise at school. Maybe some of your out of the blue questions that seemed rude."

Jonah swallowed thickly as he paled, "Are you going to tell Lucas?"