4

Lucy and I had gotten up early the next morning after we had arrived in a town with a dragon like creature problem that had sent out a job request for help with the guilds. We got ready to go but before we went anywhere I had asked Lucy to change into something warmer than her normal tank top and skirt since we were going up into the mountains and you never know if it will start snowing up there, there is snow already up there or any other freak weather incident. After we were all ready to go we went to talk with the mayor one more time to make sure we had all the details we needed. Surly enough when we arrived at the Major's house she made sure we had all the info we needed before we headed up into the mountains. As we walked up the mountain slowly I had to heck behind me about every five minutes just to make sure Lucy was still behind me do to the pace she had set for herself was slower than the one me and the wolves were walking at. A half hour slowly passed but sure enough we made it to a cave that we would rest at for the night.

I had three wolves wait outside the cave with Lucy while the rest and I walked in to make sure that the cave was safe and that nothing would bother us if we do stay longer than over night in this cave. After quick check we returned outside and beckoned them in, out of the cold. Once settled down we started telling each other of stories from our child hoods, hours went by before I said anything about sleep. "You should get some sleep Lucy. me and a few of the wolves will stay up and stay on guard and switch with other wolves threw out the night. One of us will wake you if something is up." I stated. She just nodded her head before laying her head down on her arm and slowly fell asleep. a few of the wolves went and curled themselves around her to help keep her warm with out being told. 2 hours in of being on guard I heard a roar, like a dragon roar, come from further in the cave. wanting to not play a stupid move I motioned for the other wolves that are awake to help me start waking everyone else, to which we had everyone awake in less than five minutes. Once everyone was up and ready to move, stashing our gear near the entrance in case we needed to get out of the cave, I lead the way to where I had heard the roar emanate from.

A short walk later we were hiding in the shadows of one of the walls watching in slight horror that a few feet away stood a dragon. OH SHIT.... It found us. it looked directly at us, I was ready to start running. I could handle bandits, dark guilds, wyverns, but a dragon? Oh hell naw. I was ready to run but something stopped me, the dragon started talking. " Layla? Is that you? Shouldn't you be back at the palace?" it questioned. It sounded so feminine. I was frozen in place of shock, how the absolute hell does a dragon talk. The sudden recollection of how Natsu described Igneel came back to me and how he was a dragon and was also able to speak. "How do you know my mother?" Lucy spoke from beside me. 

Shock, pure under shock was written on the dragons' face. "Princess Lucy! We must go at once! To the queen, your mother! Please get on quickly so I can take you to your mother." I looked at my wolves, I love them so much but there isn't a way for them to come with us if I went with them. You know what, I don't even know Lucy's mom so what right do I have in meeting her? That was when I decided to start walking away. "Hey Lucy! Go see your mom. I'll stay here. Someone has to watch over my wolves if I were to go anyway.  If you don't mind miss dragon I'll be barrowing this shedded scale to take to the mayor, who thought you were a wyvern and sent us to kill you, so he thinks we actually did complete the mission. I'll be off now. Also, lucy if you don't come and stop by to say hi every no and then I will hunt you down, even if its the last thing I do." I stated before turning on my heel and walking toward where we had stashed our gear, taking mine and left the cave to make my way back into the town. But before I left the cave a loud clanging made me turn to see that the dragon had thrown a scale towards me. "Thank you." I stated with a slight bow before picking up the scale and leaving the cave behind me.

Once on the trail I could hear wing beats, then they disappeared. I shrugged it off and continued on the trail with my wolf pack. It took around a hour to get back to the town. Before anything else the pack and I went to a close by inn to rest before going to do anything else the rest of the day.
____________________________________________________________________
A/N

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while, I have been extremely busy. Especially with school, this year is my junior year of high school, and I am also taking two AP classes (Advance placement classes) that also count as college classes, they are AP Biology and AP US History. I have been having to set aside at least 6 hours a night just for those two classes and their homework, that's not including my other classes. Also our school schedule has been fucked up so my schedule has changed since my freshman and sophomore years, Wich I believe I started this book at least one to two years ago. Well thanks for reading my book! I will be trying to write and publish more here soon! Keep being you! -Firstpetra