chapter 14

Everything between Philip and I were back to normal, I loved the fact that he kissed me in the morning and spooned me at night, that were some of the things I missed when we weren't talking. The annual company party was coming up and I was ready for it, I quit my job since I got pregnant with Meredith, its a blessing having her here. I love her so much, she was the light of both of our eyes, I loved watching Philip as he held her and fed her, oh my man is a good one. For some reason Meredith makes me forget everything and I even let Nicole come around and see her, touch her and hold her. I could see from her eyes that she wanted what I had, but not to brag, I got it. Something though was uneasy whenever she would come around when Philip was there, he told me nothing happened but I wasn't convinced.

Party time and all the top executives in New York gather at the Plaza hotel, to celebrate. I don't normally dress up in designer, but tonight I was wearing a beautiful blue armani ball gown, with my hair in a bun. Me and Philip walked hand in hand into the hotel, we were greeted by guest left and right. The whole night was filled with talking and laughter, nothing had started yet but I notice my husband was nowhere in sight, I left the ballroom and walked up to his office. I walked into an heated argument with Philip and some woman, the door was cracked so I opened it and saw it was Nicole, she was crying.

"I have been your best friend for years, your rock, your everything,  I wanted for you and you throw it all in my face." She barked.

"I didn't mean for this to happen, I never meant to lead you on, and I also never knew I would fall in love with her."

"Life happens, but why would you do this to  me, you slept with me while you were with her. " she told him.

"That was one time and I told her what happened."

"Ok, then what about the time when she was pregnant? " she asked

My heart sunk to my stomach.

"We didn't do anything, you kissed me and I stopped you."

"Oh please if that's what make you sleep at night, you know damn well we had sex and that's why you didn't want to face her, because you were guilty." She confessed.

At that moment I went numb, did I just hear that, my husband that I love so much cheated on me while I was pregnant with his child and on top of that he lied to me about it. I could hear the conversation was over but I was too numb to move, the door opened and I saw Philip looking down at my teary eyes. He walkdd over to me but I pulled away and began walking down the hallway, he caught up and grabbed my arm.

"Get the heck away from me, you cheated on me while I was pregnant with our child.?" I said in disbelief.

"I didn't at least I don't remember. "

Is this motherf#@ker serious, he can't remember that's one thing you don't forget.

"You know what you lied to me, I trusted you and you lied to me, our vows meant nothing to you, you cheated on me with her. Know what she wanted you, she can have you."

I pulled off my ring and dropped it on the floor.

"Ally, please don't do this,  I know nothing happened between her and I, I was upset when my mother died and I did see her but I was drinking heavily, so bad that I couldn't talk to you, I didn't want to stress you out, do you know what it feels like not being able to talk to your wife when your strung out and lonely.  I love you,  other than what happened between us, nothing else happened."

"Goodbye" with that I turned and leave without looking back and this maybe for good, I am tired of the lies.