Chapter 7

"Hello... no ma, I haven't forgotten you, I just have been really busy with work and everything. ... yes I will come visit you, and I have a surprise for you, I want you to meet my boyfriend. ... yes I know.... well it has been about a year and a half...... I am telling you now because  I didn't want to jinx it and we are at a place in our life now where anything is possible...... no I am not pregnant,  I am just excited...... ma, I got to go" with that I hang up the phone, talking to my mother has always been a trip, she is always trying to figure out what's going on. I must admit I do feel guilty for not telling her what I have been up to.  As of right now I am apartment hunting looking for something closer to Tribeca, well lets say Manhattan is expensive, the places so far are not worth any penny of what they are asking,  and I insisted that Philip wasn't going to buy me one. I want this on my own, but six thousand is too much for an ok sized box. Tonight Philip was taking along with his friend David, a realtor, to show me an apartment that he says will be in my price range. I am really excited because it sounds really nice but this one on the in west side,  not quite Tribeca but I love it. We arrived and immediately the building was beautiful,  the apartment was located on the fifteenth floor, it was the night time so the city was beautiful,  I don't know why David decided to show me the place at night but I didn't mind. We walk around and immediately the size was more than I bargained for, all together the apartment was about 4000square foot was a lot to Manhattan standards.  It had three bedrooms, three baths and a big beautiful modern kitchen. Its a beautiful place I know its way out of my price range, then I looked at Philip, no way on earth is he going to pay my rent.

"Its beautiful. " he said.

I looked at David for him to give us a minute and that he did, he left the room.

" Philip, what did I say?"

"I know what you said but look at it, don't you like it?" He asked knowing I do.

"I love it, but this is way above my budget and I don't think its worth it."

He nodds then walks over to me grabbing my hand.

"Not even if its ours?"

I glared at him, "you know my thing about that, am not living with you unless we married."

He led me to the huge window over looking the city, he said nothing which made me worry, he does weird things. In the middle of our convo he decided to tone out, wow.

"What are we looking at?"

"Nothing, but the city is so beautiful,  I always imagined having kids and living here for the rest of my life." He sighed

I rolled my eyes, "what does that have to do with the apartment? "

"Everything." I looked up and him, his eyes were close then he opened it and looks at me, I kept staring at the outside enjoying the view, a smile came over my face when the building next to us stared lighing up. The building was like a technology platform, as if the building was made out off all tented dark glass and has a television in the middle about my floor. It was so beautiful,  I looked at Philip who was too engulfed in the video to look at me. Then suddenly our pics started showing up on the screen, from when we began dating, funny cute couple pics, I guess he came prepared for me to move in and a presentation it was. I grasp for breath when I see 'ALLY WILL YOU MARRY ME', that's when he looks down on me and saw that I had began to cry involuntary,  this was the most thoughtful,  sweet, charmimg thing anyone has over done for me. He went down on one knee waiting for an answer still crying from surprise, yet I did the one thing you never do when proposed to, run. That's right I ran to the bathroom and locked myself inside.  I love him and want to marry him but why did I run, I am just surprised and overwhelmed.

After ten minutes I collected myself and walked outside, I see Philip sitting on the couch looking outside. He turns and looked at me. I could tell he is disappointed.

"I guess this was all for nothing, you're a difficult person to understand,  you don't want anything and now not me."

How insecure, I like him like this sometimes, it shows he's not invincible like I always thought.

"I didn't say no" I smiled, "I am just surprised, I know you love me but marriage, I never thought it would happen based on all the stuff I have been through and you want that just surprised me a lot and how could I say no, I love you Philip, I do, your all I think about and when I do you make me smile so much."

This brought a smile to his face with that he got on his knee.

"So will you do me th honors of being my wife.?"

"Yes"

He took out ta red box, opened it and out popped the most beautiful,  sapphire ring ever. My birthday stone, I squeal in excitement and he lifts me in the air.