𝔽𝕠𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕒 𝔻𝕖𝕦𝕩 (Fall Out Boy)

————

Royals AU. Pete and Patrick are the princes of two feuding kingdoms. Their parents decide to put their differences aside and have their children marry to unite their kingdoms.

Folie à Deux Era.

————

The Stumph and Wentz kingdoms were allies when they formed. They shared resources, they helped the other when in peril, they got along.

That didn't stay the same as time went on.

Both kingdoms grew, expanding onto each other's territory. What once was a few minor disputes over who gets what transmogrified into a kingdom-wide feud.

You can imagine Prince Stumph and Prince Wentz's surprise when they found out they were to marry to reunite their kingdoms.

"Father, you can not be serious!" Prince Stumph, Patrick, roared when the news was broken. "You want me to marry him?" Patrick pointed a finger as his supposed suitor.

"'Him' has ears, you know," Prince Wentz, Pete, spoke from the other side of the press conference room. "Trust me, I'm not thrilled about this either."

Both the Stumph and Wentz families began mumbling before Patrick's mother broke the chatter. "Honey, I thought this would be okay. You do still like men, right?"

"That doesn't mean you get to match me up with any guy you see!" Patrick was out of his chair, hands slammed on the table.

Pete turned to his mother. "Do I have to marry such a whiney brat?"

Patrick rounded on Pete. "Whiney brat, huh? That's better than being an inconsiderate toad!"

Pete rose out of his chair as well, stepping up to Patrick. "Appearance has nothing to do with power, pipsqueak."

"Unlike you, I make up for height in the intelligence department... And you're not too terribly tall either, hypocrite."

"So what? You're a fucking pansy."

"Loathsome idiot!"

"That's enough!" Both princes turned to see Pete's father was speaking. "This arrangement is final and not up for debate. We and the Stumphs have agreed for the wedding to be held in two months. Patrick is to move into our castle in three days."

"Three days?!" Both princes shrieked.

"I only have three days of freedom left until I'm forcefully stitched with this—"

"We're done here," Patrick grumbled as he stormed towards the door. He threw it open, the door somehow still on its hinges, before slamming it behind him.

————

Before those three days were up, Patrick made a few demands.

One, he's allowed to bring a companion to the Wentz kingdom. He picked Joe Trohman, the head knight of the Stumph kingdom. Joe tried to say there were better people to take, but Patrick insisted. Two, a private study and bedroom. Three, the same level of authority as Pete.

Pete was extremely reluctant to comply with that last one. After persuasion from his father, he caved.

Three days of dread later, Patrick and Joe found themselves in a carriage, being transported away from their home.

Joe noticed Patrick seemed a bit sad. "You okay?"

Patrick refused to meet Joe's gaze and instead stared at the castle, his castle, retreating in the distance. "How could I be? I'm leaving the only home I ever knew."