Chapter 6 Body Guard Escape

Your mind was a mess, thinking of as many alternate routes you could take as you trailed ahead of your bodyguard watching him closely after he had lagged behind a few hours ago. You had just finished your interview, and as an excuse to avoid going to an early dinner you suggested that you wanted to take a walk around town for a while.

But this plan was going sour. Instead of your body guard keeping his distance as normal he was so close behind you, eyes on you like a vulture watching it's pray about to be run over. You didn't like it one bit and if you wanted to run away it would be now or never. You tried thinking up as many plans as you could but each one failed inside your head.

You guessed this was a do now think later sort of deal. But how to get him away enough so he couldn't catch up with you? You clutched your bag, the strap tightening in your hand as your heart began to beat heavily against your ribs the more your eyes looked around. You could hear his footsteps just a step or two behind yours. Why did he have to be so close? It's like he knew you wanted to run.

You half wished this was New York, then maybe you could disappear in the crowd and then go from there. But even if Washington D.C was busy it wasn't nearly as busy as New York City at this time of day. Beginning to bit your lip you let out a breath, now or never you supposed.

"Hey um," you turned on your heel stopping a bit to watch your body guard stop as you gazed at him, "do you think maybe you could walk behind me a little more? You're a little too close, just a few feet would be nice, a girls gotta breath you know?"

You laughed at the end in an attempt to make things seem more realistic, you're not a great lier so you hoped that sprinkling most of the truth into that would help make your plan less noticeable. Your bodyguard stared at you, eyes narrowing behind the sunglasses he always seem to wear, unknown to you hiding a camera for some live footage of you. He seemed to stare, and then stare and stare, before at last he nodded.

Seemed like he was weighing his options and decided that he trusted you enough to not run. His mistake. Smiling as a thanks to him you turned back around, walking against the side walk for a while listening to the click of your heels. Your eyes kept watch of your body guard as he trailed a little ways behind you now. You're not sure how far you'll get in heels, but you've worn heels like 60% of your life at this point. So you think you can run in them.

The trick was how to get away? Maybe if you run down the block now and take a quick turn and run into the first building you see you'll be able to have him run past so you can go do some snooping on (B/F/N) in peace. But what if the a heel broke off? Well there wouldn't be much stopping, if the heel broke it broke. Its not like these are your only pair of heels anyway.

Plan on mind you sucked in a breath eyes glancing one last time to look behind you at your body guard watching as he seemed to keep a particularly close eye on you from far away. Okay, okay you can do this, you've got a plan you'll be fine. Swallowing the last lump in your throat, you readied your self. Giving your self a silent count down in your head.

One...

Two...

Three!

Suddenly you broke out into a sprint, dashing down the street in haste adrenaline filling your body as you ran. You weren't sure where your feet were carrying you just as long as you ran. Your delicate heels wobbled every time they came in contact with the concrete of the side walk. You're almost to the corner you've just got to turn.

"Ms. Stark! Ms. Stark!" Your bodyguard shouted for you, and the sound of his footsteps were easily about to come up. You needed to get him to slow down! Eyes looking to the side you were met with a pair of trash cans, making the decision the last second you decided to try and kick one down on your way forward. Some how you managed to get it to roll, nearly causing your bodyguard to fall to his face as he stumbled over his feet by the obstacle.