Chapter 15 Project Zola

(M/N) = Middle Name

It was almost scary, the ride down the long elevator, standing in silence trusting the old tech to send you all down safely. Honestly after your most recent elevator ride you were a bit scared. Hopefully you wouldn't have another situation like that again, finally the elevator stopped making an almost loud thudding noise as the doors creaked open the lights automatically turning in as you all stepped in seeing old computers filling up almost the entire room, these had to be from the 80's the whole thing was too bulky.

"This cant be the data point this technology is ancient" Natasha scoffed a bit as you all gathered around a computer now. Suddenly you noticed a drive port and opened your hand silently asking for it, Natasha fished it out from somewhere before handing it to you letting you put it in as the computer booted itself up after you turned it on the sound almost jarring at first before finally calming down.

"Initiate system?" The computer asked aloud as you moved in front of the key board typing now.

"Y-E-S, spells yes, or ye-s?" You tried to make a sort of joke before you pinched the bridge of your nose shaking your head. "Sorry that wasn't even funny" you laughed a bit and smiled beaming almost as Steve chuckled a little before your attention was drawn back to the computer.

"Shall we play a game?" The computer asked now sending chills down your spine while Natasha just smiled laughing a little turning to Steve fighting he wouldn't understand.

"It's funny cause it's from the movie-" she started at first before Steve sighed cutting her off.

"Yeah, I saw it" he muttered a bit only to look alert as a thick accent started to talk now.

"Rogers, Steven born, 1918" the voice said before moving on. "Stark (M/N) (Y/N), born 1986" then it moved on again. "Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna, norm 1984" in the corner of your eye you noticed a small camera moving above you all seeming to analyze making you squint your eyes curiously while natasha found this almost a bit hard to believe.

"It's some kind of old recording" Natasha tried to justify before narrowing her eyes suddenly.

"I am not a recording, Fräulein. I may not be the man I was when the Captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am" the computer spoke back to natasha causing your eyes to widen, there's no way! This tech is so old to transfer something like a person....this was surreal!

"Steve?" You turned your head to look at him now as he narrowed his gaze as the computer showed a picture of the man it once was, Dr. Arvin Zola.

"Do you know this thing?" Natasha looked at Steve with a hardened look but you couldn't help but wonder if it was from the fact that this thing was actually talking and she didn't want it to see her slight fear.

"Arnim Zola was a German scientist who worked for the Red Skull...He's been dead for years" Steve stared at the computer monitor causing you and Natasha to look back. This was sending chills down your body, down your spine and not in the way Steve had sent chills down it not too long ago. There's no way, just no way!

"First correction, I am Swiss. Second, look around you. I have never been more alive. In 1972 I received a terminal diagnosis. Science could not save my body, my mind, however, that was worth saving on two hundred thousand feet of data banks. You are standing in my brain." Doctor Zola had said causing you to take a slight step back in fear at the mere idea. Gross. "This is a technological advancement your father would of loved to of been apart of Ms stark" the way Doctor Zola said that was almost like a sneer as you looked around. You almost wanted to cling to Steve honestly, this was giving you chills of nothing but fear!