So Close!

Kokichi's POV

I woke up and sat up lazily staring at the taller, sleeping, male. I blushed and looked at the monitor seeing the night time announcement play. I shook Shuichi up making him shuffle around. Soon after, he opened his eyes and groaned, "What time is it?" I mumbled, "U-um it's 10:09pm..." He nodded then we did our morning routine. When we left he handed me a paper that said, 'Kokichi I know who the mastermind is.' I smiled lightly then put the paper in my pocket. I held Shuichi's hand and leaned my head on his arm. I feel so happy here it's like heaven.

Shuichi grinned, "You know Kokichi. I really think you're perfect." I looked over to him and asked, "H-how so?" He smiled, "You are so cute and innocent that I want to just own you and-" He was cut off by footsteps. We turned around and saw Korekiyo, Angie, and Gonta. Gonta looked at us scared, as Angie smiled, and Korekiyo glared. I asked, "W-what's wrong?" They all quickly smiled nervously and said, "Oh nothing..." I shrugged then continued to walk with Shuichi. I blushed as I thought of us together after we leave this place. I smiled lightly and looked at him.

He was smiling sweetly while he walked. I sighed, "Y-you are amazing." He blushed as he looked to me. He asked, "What?" I covered my mouth with my free hand blushing madly. I looked away stuttering, "N-nothing! I-I didn't say a-anything!" He grinned at me then opened the door to the gym. When we got in nobody was there. He smirked at me and closed the gym door. I went to the stage and sat down at the edge. He followed and when he sat next to me he grabbed my scarf. I looked at him confused as he took it off me. He then pulled me by my shirt so our faces were inches apart.

He smirked, "You are too innocent. Maybe I can fix that~" I blushed and he leaned in finally connecting our lips. He bit my lip making me jump from surprise but he stuck his tongue in my mouth making me blush more. He kissed me roughly as I stayed there in complete shock and confusion. I then slowly closed my eyes getting used to this feeling and liking it. I kissed back a little earning a grin from the taller boy. He pulled away wiping his drool so I did the same. He smirked, "For a virgin you're good at that." I covered my face from embarrassment so he just chuckled.

He whispered in my ear, "I'm finished with the beginning so let's move on to the main event~" "What d-does t-that mea-" I was cut off by him unbuttoning his shirt as he smirked more. Before I could ask anything the door opened making both of us spin our heads immediately to look. There stood Maki, Kaito, and Himiko. They stood there shocked to see Shuichi buttoning his shirt angrily and me confused. I waved but Maki said, "No time to talk we need you Kokichi." I jumped then Shuichi glared and asked, "For what?"

Kaito yelled, "We need him to lockpick a door!" "No that's rude," Himiko argued. I asked, "H-how do y-" Kaito screamed, "There's no time to talk!" I shook a bit at the mean voices making Shuichi glare daggers. Shuichi growled, "I'm going too." We stood up and followed them staring at them suspiciously. We were in front of the ultimate artist's lab and Maki pointed at the door saying, "Open it." I hesitantly walked over and lockpicked it. Inside was a horrifying scene. There was statues of all the executed or murdered students that were hung by their feet so they were upside down.

Kaede's effigy had a sword that was stabbed into her and in the middle of the circle the statues made was a dead Angie. I immediately fell backwards and had tears in my eyes. Shuichi hurried to my side and picked me up allowing me to cry in his shoulder. The body discovery announcement went off as I cried for a while then when I was done he kissed my cheek and said, "It's okay Kokichi." I smiled and determinedly helped investigate. I found a tape under her and the lock to the back door had the katana's flakes. I obviously told Shuichi so he just thought about it.

In the middle of investigation Korekiyo brought up an idea about doing a seance to talk to Angie and find out who killed her. Himiko and Tenko agreed and he said he only needed two more. Shuichi said, "Why not? Seems fun." I mumbled, "I-if Shuichi's going I-I will t-too." He smiled at me then Korekiyo nodded, "Kehehe okay it's decided so nobody else can join. There can only be five people." Himikp said, "Wait before we actually start I need to talk with Kiibo!" Kiibo nodded and us six went to the middle room since Himiko picked it. Me and Shuichi decided to leave to get the white sheet.

When I got the sheet Shuichi looked at a book so I looked over his shoulder curiously and in the document was information about the seance. He said, "Looks the same." I nodded and we left to the seance room. Looked like Kiibo already left and everyone was in their corners except for Tenko of course. She was already resting her forehead on the stone in a turtle position like the book said. Korekiyo said, "Now it's time to continue. Kokichi, Shuichi you two put the cage over Tenko." I nodded and Shuichi just went to the cage.

I quickly ran after him and Korekiyo reminded not to step on the salt since the seance will fail and a curse will happen. We nodded and put the cage over Tenko carefully. Korekiyo then put the sheet over and we all put the dog statue on. We got to our corners and sung the song we had to memorize. In the middle of the song there was a loud crashing sound but we continued singing. When we were done singing Korekiyo asked the question we saw the book say to ask bit there was no response. We lit the candles again and removed the objects in order but Himiko took off the cage instead.

There was Tenko's lifeless body. We were frozen until the body discovery announcement played again and everyone rushed in. We had to investigate another murder?! I ran to Shuichi tears in my eyes again and he whispered nice things in my ear making me calm down. We decided to investigate in the other room as Maki and Kiibo went under the floor boards. We were walking and then suddenly, BAM I looked beside me and saw Shuichi face first to the ground blood flowing out of his head. I quickly helped him up and wrapped my scarf around his injury.

He seemed to come to reality so he told me what happened. He said, "I-I was walking t-then that floor board had some k-kind o-of missing part b-because it was l-loose. Ha I guess I need to get better..." I walked with him to our room and I helped him with his injuries. The injury was pretty bad though. When we were done we left to the others and they explained to us everything they found out. There was a missing cross piece, bloody sickle, dry blood, fresh blood, and dry blood on the floor board. Hmm. Dry and fresh blood? I sighed as the monitor turned on and we were told to meet at the trial grounds.