Chapter 26

You can tell me. Anything you write in this notebook would only before for our eyes. Let me help you.

Every time I got a message from Albus, my notebook cover would change from black to blue and wouldn't change back to its original color until I read the message. Not that I needed a reason to read his messages. I couldn't help myself but I had the strength not to write back. I had to stay strong. I couldn't waver.

He's relentless, however. For the past month, he's gone out of his way to be around me and whenever we're alone he'll ask again and again what was really going on. I knew he was trying to wear me down and I'm afraid it might work.

I'd given up trying to avoid meals because it was ridiculous and my stomach couldn't handle it. I go to breakfast early, though, because I knew that Al sleeps in as long as he can. I was in the Great Hall now, eating the fresh pastries with only a few dozen students milling about. A note landed on my plate from one of the owls flying above. It was a blank envelope. Curious, I opened it.

You're not trying hard enough. If Albus doesn't back down then I'll make him.

My heart lurched. This can't be happening. I had broken up with him just like they asked! I can't make him back down since he still doesn't believe me. But how can I make him believe me?

"Hey, Scorp," Cath sat down next to me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

The only way to get to believe me was if I move on...

"Hey, Cath. I have something I've been meaning to ask you..."

Albus's POV

Annabelle had to be lying to me.

"What?" I asked for the third time.

Anna sighed. "I heard it straight from Cath and confirmed it with Scorpius. They're going out on a date this weekend."

I suddenly felt really sick and angry. "You told me to give him time and space!"

"Which as far as I can tell you've been doing neither," she snapped back.

"This is unbelievable! You said that he was traumatized! If he was so traumatized then why is he moving on so quickly?!"

"Look, I get your upset but yelling at me will not make you feel any better!" Anna said then placed her hand on my shoulder. "I still stand by what I said about him being put under a lot of pressure. Maybe him moving on so quickly is him overcompensating. He's going back to a heterosexual relationship to make him seem 'normal.' Which is a feeling that he lacked in his relationship with you."

"You really think that his feelings are that complicated?

She shrugged. "It's the only explanation that makes sense to me."

I sighed, my eyes filling up with tears. "Well, I guess it's really over then."