Chapter 20

Scorpius's POV

The rest of the break went by without much event. I kept in touch with Albus and it seemed as though his break was fine as well, he just kept avoiding his dad. I told him that he should make up with his dad because his heart was in the right place but Al was stubborn. I appreciated him sticking up for me but I didn't want to be the reason for any unrest between him and his family.

We were at the station now and I turned to give my parents a hug.

"If you ever want to come back home for the change just use Minerva's Floo fireplace. Your dad and I already talked to her about it and she's okay with that." Mum said, kissing my forehead.

"Okay, thanks Mum," I said.

I pulled away and Lucy launched into my arms. "I'll miss you! Tell Al that I miss him too and that he needs to come over soon."

I smiled and picked her up. "'Course. Al will love to come over. I'll miss you too, Luce."

I set her down and she looked past me and grinned. "Al!"

She bolted toward the Potters who were a few yards away from us, with my parents yelling after her. I took off after her. Al turned in time to catch Lucy who had jumped into his arms.

"Hey, Lucy." Al laughed, setting her down on the ground.

I stopped in front of them and Al smiled at me.

"Hey, Scorp."

I smiled. "Hey."

I could feel his parents' eyes on me but I didn't dare look at them.

"Scorpius—" Harry started but Albus cut him off.

"We should go." He grabbed my hand and Lucy's before leading us over to my family.

"Al—"

"It's fine," Al cut in and I didn't push him.

Mum scooped Lucy up in. "Sorry about that. How are you, Al?"

"I'm doing well, thank you." Al smiled.

"Well, we should get going," I said, pulling Al towards the train. "Love you and see you this summer!"

Al and I got on the train and started making our way through the compartments, looking for our friends. We found Rose and Annabelle towards the end of the train.

"Hey!" Annabelle said as we came in and sat down across from them. "How was your break?"