Chapter 2

Ladia

I cannot be late for my first day on the job my grandmother is trusting me to hold down the fort while she gone and I do not want to disappoint. I made sure to grab all the cleaning supplies and my apron off my kitchen counter and headed out my apartment. Every time I try to be on time for something, I always end up being late because I think that I have more time then I actually do.
*RING* *RING*
My grandma had been calling for the 80th time today.
"Hey sugar"
".. Grandma, what is it?"
"I was just calling to make sure you got everything, now remember I'll only be gone for 2 months and I want you to call and check in with me about how your week is going. Dominic is a sweet man but try not to have too many mess ups, he knows me for being on time and on point."
"Yes, I know. I won't disappoint you."
She went silent.
"Well, alright... I love you."
"I love you too, Grandma... I'll talk to you later."
And with that, she hung up and I finally arrived to Dominic's house.
___________________
This had to have been the longest driveway on earth! I mean it wouldn't have been so bad if all these damn cars weren't lined up all the way down the driveway. If I have to carry my products back and forth for this long everyday , I'm going to end up needing a golf cart.
I finally made it to the front door and reached for my phone to find the PIN number code to get in and just when I did I saw a second shadow appear next to mine.
"Um, who are you?" The man asked.
"I'm the new housekeeper , Ladia."
The beautiful man was quiet. He was a nice caramel color with green eyes, I could not stop staring.
"Your Lorencia's granddaughter?"
I nodded in reply.
"Well it's nice meeting you, I'm Dominic."
He reached his hand out for me to shake. I shook it back and he had the tightest of grip. I just wanted see if he had some muscles hiding under neath that navy blue tux of his. STOP LADIA! I had to gather my thoughts real quick. As I was trying to regroup he then reached his arm around me to enter the code.
"You can go in now." He said as he led me into his house with his arm.
His house was like a palace, it had tall white walls, beautiful dark red drape curtains, a gold fountain that poured out water, and his kitchen! boooooyyyyy was i in love. The kitchen was all white, I was so excited I could not wait to start cleaning this place.
"So you go by Ladia or you got another name people like to call you?" Dominic asked
"Ladia is fine or la la but only my family calls me that." I said as I chuckled a little
"so i'll show you to your room." he waved his hand as he tried to lead my up the stair case.
"wait, my own room? my grandmother never said any thing about her staying with you?"
"yeah, it was easier on her to stay here instead of having to travel back and forth between her home and mine."
I nodded. "that makes sense but I have my own space."
"ok.. well it's there." he said walking back down the stairs and pulling out his phone to text.
I looked around for a little bit as I held my supplies. This was a nice house and all but I am not staying in some billionaire's home.
"I have a business meeting here in an hour so I'd prefer you start cleaning then get dinner ready by the time I get home , cool? ...? cool."
He straightened his tie then headed for the front door.