26

Monday 26 April 2017,

PAST TIME GRAYSON'S DIARY

MADELINE

I walked in the familiar breeze of the place immediately feeling myself at home, this place where I truly belong and worked so hard for. My work is my whole life, my passion , being the workaholic that I am, I could literally spend hours working and never get tired.

"Welcome back, sis." Brady entered my office after giving it two lights knocks holding a small wrapped box in his hand. "I got you a little something as a comeback gift for you." He said handing my the purple wrapped gift giving me a charming but also nervous smile as he watched me unwrapping it. Appeared in front of me a beautiful bracelet when I opened the box, I looked up at Brady to see his reaction who had a shy smile on his face waiting for me to compliment the little bracelet.

"Thank you Brady, you really didn't need to, I love it." I told him which lifted a huge weigh off his shoulder as he was nervous about me maybe not liking it.

"Glad you liked it." Brady said grabbing the bracelet and closing the clasp of the bracelet but I was busy focused on his face that gave me a weird vibe from Brady.

"Brad, is something wrong? You seem off today." I told him placing my hand on both sides of his face and lifting it up so he is facing me.

"Have you spoken to Arabella lately?" He asked me a loud sigh escaping his lips after finishing his question. "Not much, I didn't want to push her to talk it sounded like she didn't want to." I answered him.

He didn't say anything except muttering some curse words underneath his breath, something odd is going on if it's not only me but also Brady. "What's wrong Brady? Did something happen between you two?" I asked him more confused and worried now.

"I wish it was that but she has been weird. She doesn't answer her calls or texts and hasn't been at home for a while now. When I asked her what happened she giving me pointless excuses and that's not Arabella." Brady explained to me. Before any words could escape my mouth our heads turned towards the door that Arabella entered through it.

"Hi, Maddie can I have a word with you?" She glanced at Brady then back at me. "Alone."

"Arabella, what is going on with you?" Brady asked his voice cracking a little bit having a hint of something that wasn't anger, he was hurt. What the hell happened between them?

"Nothing, i just want to have a word with her alone. Is that a big deal?" She said eying him from head to toe then walking closer to my desk.

I looked at Brady nodding for him to leave without saying another word and causing a scene with Arabella.

"Brady, told me about you Bella. Care to explain what's going on?" I asked her searching through the drawers for some important papers as I talked to her.

"I don't care about him now Madeline. My concern now is about you and Grayson. Especially you." The minute she mentioned Grayson i froze into my place and looked at her giving her my attention.

"What about me and him?" I asked her furrowing my eyebrows.

"Come on, you guys are no way the right fit. Madeline sweetie, you are so oblivious and miserable it's truly sad. It's almost like the miscarriage aftermath didn't already cause you enough pain to understand that." She told me placing her hand on the desk and the other on her hip staring at me.