✑ your vs. you're

YOUR VS

YOUR VS. YOU'RE
IN THIS CHAPTER ✧ when to use "your", when to use "you're", and the difference between the two.

───────────────────────

Let's hop right into this short grammar lesson! Most people may think that there's "no big difference" between using your and you're in a sentence, but I'm here to educate you my friends. Shawn and I will get you through this rough patch in your English curriculum, I swear.

YOUR: This shows the possession or
ownership someone has of another thing.
Think of something being yours, or mine,
or ours.

E.g. "I think your tattoos are wonderful, Shawn." In this sentence, the use of your shows that the tattoos are Shawn's! We aren't talking about anyone else's tattoos.

YOU'RE: This literally means "you are."
The apostrophe ( ' ) is a placeholder for
the a in are. Any time you see this, always
think you are.

E.g. "Shawn Mendes, you're so cute." In this sentence, the use of you're shows that we are talking directly to Shawn. This sentence is the exact same as saying, "Shawn Mendes, you are so cute." There is no difference.

If you're ever confused with the difference, always replace YOU'RE with "you are" and see if it makes sense. Always think of YOUR as something belonging to another person to see if it makes sense. If neither of those do, then send me a message and I'll review it for you! If you guys have any questions about this topic, I will always help you via PM. Don't be scared to send a message.

───────────────────────

PUBLISHED ✧ June 29, 2019.