Chapter 5

Though Samon may know his own sexuality he doesn't necessarily know his brothers. Tamaki Souh, whom he thought was straight, acts far from it. Yes, obviously his brother was attracted to girls. He hosts them. Daily after school. Yet the way he talks to Kyoya makes it seem like he has a crush on him. Little pet names of 'Mommy' and acting like a married couple makes it seem like they're more than JUST friends. Now Samon may never admit to it, but he was curious, curious to know where exactly his brother stood on the scale of straight and bisexual. 

Samon may also be openly gay to a select few people he was scared to know what it would be like to come out to a school full of rich peoples kids. Kids could easily tell their parents. Parents that would ruin and destroy the Souh family name in an instant. He couldn't do that to his father and brother. Maybe to his grandmother, considering the amount of stuff she has put the elder son of the Souh family through so far. But never to his brother and father. He adored them. They were his family. To ruin the family name over something as little as being comfortable and wanting to date a certain gender was stupid. At least it was to Samon.

The elder blonde Souh son thought he should be allowed to date whomever he pleases without any consequences considering his status. His status. The thing that controlled his life. His life that was already written for him with a silver spoon. A silver spoon he had long forgotten. Forgotten so many things. So many things in such a little amount of time. His status. His family name and meaning. The fact his last name wasn't just Grantiane. But Souh-Grantaine. The hyphen that determined his future. A future that was written by his grandmother whom he hated. Hated, such a strong word said with such passion when spoken. 

He felt betrayed by whoever was looking over him. Betrayed that because he was of a certain persuasion for a certain gender he would be looked down on for the rest of his natural-born life. A certain gender that just had a different build. A different body. A different personality and he just so happen to like boys. Other boys. Not a girl. Not girls. But boys. And that apparently made him so different. So different that people just didn't understand it. They didn't understand that it wasn't something he could change. Not something he could force himself to do differently. He wasn't going to force himself to like the opposite gender.

Forcing himself to do so would mean he would be unhappy. Lying to himself. Lying to the only person that understood what was going on through his mind. Himself. Not any of his friends. No one else seemed to understand it. Understand that if he was forced into an arranged marriage with a girl he would likely be so unhappy he would end up just leaving. Leaving and never turning back to say goodbye. Goodbye to his new friends or his family. Just leave, up and vanish one day cause he wouldn't know how to handle it. And it may seem like he was running away, of course, it would seem like that, but who would really want to be forced into something they didn't want. Nobody.

So now as Samon laid in bed, mind running wild, he stared at the ceiling with pure content. Content knowing his grandmother couldn't blame him if he never married or dated because his father didn't. Yes, his father is, in fact, married to Samon's and Tamaki's mother, yet they were both named 'illegitimate children' because their grandmother did not approve. That made Samon smile. A pure, happy, genuine smile came to the boy's face as he relaxed. Relaxed into his comfy bed before falling into a peaceful sleep.