Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

"Well, what made you decide to come up north? It's such a long drive from London." She studied me careully, obviously aware of the way I tried to avoid much of the previous topic.

"I just thought I'd visit you that's all." I said quickly. She eyed me suspiciously. It was the truth- partially. But I obviously couldn't tell her that I was actually trying to get away from Liam and have some space to think, so I could sort out whether or not I was going to try and fix our relationship. Any way, what sort of relationship advice would she possibly be able to give me after she'd just gotten over a divorce.

"Oh alright then. Well it's great to see my gorgeous girl again." She walked up behind me and planted a kiss on the top of my head, before walking over to the sink to start washing the dishes.

I loved my mum, but I honestly didn't believe her 'gorgeous girl' comment. My eyes were probably bloodshot, my hair untamed. I doubt I looked like anything special.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd spent the whole weekend with my mum and well, I was actually enjoying the peace. London was so noisy, the sirens, the busy streets and traffic. But here in this little sleepy town, it was just perfect.

But I also loved how I wasn't having to worry about a certain someone as much. I definetly wasn't over Liam seeing as every night, I'd been crying myself to sleep. Mum must have noticed that something was wrong when every morning I'd come down with puffy wet eyes and a pretty grumpy attitude. I'd been moping about the house, having nothing to do. Eventually I'd get out my guitar and play some mindless chords that didn't really go together. But I didn't really feel right these days. Obviously I felt distracted, but there was something else. It felt like I was missing something.

Liam and the rest of the boys had even given up with trying to ring me as the missed calls and text messages soon disappeared. I felt like such a horrible person though. The way I had left without warning, left without saying goodbye, and left without the thought to answer or reply to any of the missed calls. What had Liam ever seen in me? I was a terrible girlfriend. Well, did he still want me to be that to him? I didn't see why there was any reason to still be his girlfriend anymore anyway, I was a wreck.

"Olivia honey, there's a letter here for you!" I heard my mum call me from downstairs as I set my book down on my bed.

That was strange though. I hadn't been living here in nearly a whole year and apparently I was getting post? It couldn't have been any friends because most of them lived in London now anyway. The ones who still lived near and around Doncaster knew that I wasn't living here anymore so what would be the point in sending me a letter. It had to just be junk mail.

I made my way down the stairs and into the living room where my mum sat. She handed me the envelope as she smiled.

"It's been handwritten." She beamed, curiosity sparkling in her eyes.

I gulped as I noticed the script on the front, it seemed so loose but delicately written at the same time. My name printed on the top, each letter perfectly sized and in line. My mum watched over me with eager eyes as I stuck one finger under the seal, but I hesitated slightly.

"I think I'll go and open it upstairs." I quietly remarked before my mum laughed softly, letting me go.

I honestly had no idea where this could have come from. A hand written letter, addressed to me? I didn't exactly have many friends or even relatives, who knew this address and whether or not I still lived here.

Finally, I decided that I'd only know who this was from if I actually opened it. I tore the envelope open and gently pulled out the folded paper within. As I snuggled up on my bed, I began to read the letter that I has just unfolded.

My breath caught. My eyes watered. My stomach knotted. My heart ached.

I hadn't expected this. I wasn't prepared.

To my dear Olive,

Nothing has been the same since that incident nearly a week ago. Everything has changed, and it's changed for the worse.

At work, I can't seem to concentrate. At lunch, I can't seem to eat. At night, I can't seem to sleep. My every thought is revolved around you. I am constantly picturing your mesmerising face. But unlucky for me, the only face of yours that I am only able to see, is that one of loss, pain and torment.

I never meant to do what I did. I was weak. I was stupid.

Olivia, I miss you. You were, no you still are my everything. Without you I feel lost, incomplete, lonely. I long to hold you in my arms again, and feel the soft warmth of your lips on mine.

I tried so hard to speak to you and to explain, but I could never order the words correctly. I hope that I haven't left it too late, but I want you to know that I still care for you. Maybe writing it down will be more effective, mean more than me saying it aloud.

But olivia, I am sorry.

Sorry for hurting you, for losing your trust, for breaking your heart.

I need to be with you again because without you, I don't think I can continue doing what I do. I will just return to that meaningless life where I was a nobody who couldn't care less about anybody else.

Please forgive me Olivia. Please come back to me. You might not feel the same for me anymore, but at least accept this apology and just remember that I will alway feel guilty and ashamed for what I did. 

Please.

I love you Olivia.

Liam x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omg, how sad is that letter?? Don't you just want them to be together already?

So guys, now we've had some sort of apology, but what next??? But hang on, where did Liam get Olivia's address from.... if he has it, what does that mean..... ok we might be giving a bit too much of the next chapter away.

Please let us know what you thought guys...vote/comment.

We honestly had lumps in our throats and tears in our eyes when we had to write this last bit up.

What did you think of the song?!? It fits doesn't it?? :) Check out his other songs, we love his voice!!

Anyway. Thanks for ready guys! We love you all!

Hattie&Ellie <333333333333