Bonus # 4

Noor huffed once again and turned to the other side of the bed. The room was filled with a comfortable silence with the night hue spread in the background. The early winter nights were her favourite. The air was light and everything was so comfy. But not tonight. If it was the case, she'd be asleep by now but the clock was telling otherwise. It was way past midnight and she couldn't get a blink of sleep.

The evening wasn't a highlight of her day. Reason being the man next to her. His even breathing and the signature way of his arm under his head was telling her he was fast asleep.

How sweet.

Sending an other angry glare at his sleeping form, Noor sat up leaning against the headboard. First pregnancy is all smile and fun but only for first few days. The moment you step into the real mood swings things get way overboard. Like they did in the evening. Mr CEO was supposed to be back from a business trip this morning but his stupid tendency for enduring business talks and actually enjoying them made him late and here he was, almost 7 hours late reaching home. As usual, Noor treated him with her famous silent treatment and at last they got into a small argument which started off playful but when things had remained mellow in pregnancy? Soon she lost her temper, he immediately backed off trying to give her time to cool off, she did cool off but didn't talk to him after that. He tried but how long a tired man can put up with his whiny wife? He had gone to bed and slept.

As soon the haze of her tantrum fit left, she was filled with remorse. He didn't deserve her wrath like this. This pregnancy was surely turning her into a woman possessed my her own uterus. There were no two ways about it.

But this was Rayyan she was talking about. There could never be any awkwardness between them. He'd smile and kiss her apology away telling her he liked her fieriness. That ass. Always hyping her up. Always making her sigh a goalish sigh.

But the reason for her lack of sleep wasn't this. No. She knew patching up could be done in the morning. The reason was an intense craving which was about to come out breaking the confines of her mind. She needed ice cream. Pure Vanilla with chocolate chips. Right now. Right this moment. The fridge stock, well let's not go there. She had finished it and if this overprotective Mr hubby came to know about it, she'd be in for a lecture. But there was no way he wasn't getting to know it because the intensity of her craving was telling her to just wake him up so that he'd take that magic car of his and they'll go to an ice cream parlour if there was one open at this time.

The rational part of her mind just dozed off then and the craving took a hold of her. She shook his shoulder making him stir in his sleep.

"Rayyan."

"hmm"

His muffled grunt was audible in the silent room.

"Rayyan, wake up."

He turned to her side and looked at her with his filled with sleep eyes.

"What is it?"

"I..."

"You want to apologize? It's okay. We can do it in the morning."

Noor scowled at him who had again gone back to sleep.

"No, Rayyan!"

She pulled his shirt in her hands which woke him up again.

"You want me to apologize? We can do that in the morning too."