"You're going to the groomers today okay boy?" I asked the hound beside me.

The dog barked in protest and I clicked my tongue, "Tsk tsk tsk, no buts baby," I cooed as I scratched his head. He whined and I chuckled at his complaint.

It wasn't long before we arrived at the groomers and one of the cleansers was already waiting for Soldier. I rounded my car and held the passengers door open and Soldier hopped out reluctantly.

Before he walked inside I kissed his forehead and wished him good luck, even though he didn't need it. The worker pet Soldier's head as he walked in and I waved him off one last time before getting back inside my car. Most people would think it's weird since I treat Soldier as if he wasn't a dog but I'm more than positive that he isn't. He's not a dog, I swear.

Driving in a car without Soldier felt abnormal for me since he had always been by my side when everything first started. He's like my cherry chapstick; I can never go a day without it. Soldier is my baby and my guard dog all in one, and it's pretty fun to have a best friend with four legs. His cloud like fur is what makes me feel at ease whenever I'm nervous and his panting that makes it look like he's smiling is what makes me smile too. My guard dog is someone I won't have to worry about betraying me because a dog's loyalty to their owner is something you should never question, along with the boys.

I pulled into my regular parking spot and slung my bag over my shoulder as I walked into the school. It was still kind of early but I was glad since I could chat with Principal Wilson about my classes. I would still like to go through my junior year with straight A's like my previous years.

I welcomed myself into his office and dropped my bag on the floor as I walked over to Principal Wilson's mini fridge to get a water bottle. "Diamonds, what brings you here this early?" He asked as he looked up at me in surprise.

"Can you please tell all of the teachers to give me copies of the notes they took while I was gone? I'd still like to know what I'm learning," I said before I chugged down the contents of the water bottle.

He nodded his head and started pressing the numbers on his office phone as I took one of the many chocolate muffins he had stashed in here. I grabbed my bag and gave him a nod in goodbye and he gave one in return as he started talking to one of my teachers.

I casually walked down the hallways to my locker and switched out my books for the day. Students started flooding the corridors but made sure to keep a safe distance from me as I looked down at my everyday phone. There were no missed calls and such and so I put it away and headed towards the ladies room to check my gang phone.

Just a couple of emails and text messages from Joe, reminding me of a shipment we had coming from Cambodia and one from Richard, asking me about what to do with extra weapons from the gun trafficking. I told him to just take the boxes to my house and leave them outside of my armory so I could deal with them later. He assured me he would and I took that as my cue to get to my first class of the day.

I walked into the classroom and sat down in my usual seat in the back. Students started rushing in once the bell rang and I watched the doorway for the three musketeers to walk in, but they never did. The teacher started discussing something about Shakespeare but I wasn't really noticing, I was waiting for my boys to come in.

A minute passed.

Then two.

That turned into five.

Soon increasing to fifteen.

And guess what?

They still weren't here.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion as I didn't see the familiar figures anywhere in my presence. We all had homeroom together, it was odd to see them absent without letting me know they were going to be gone.