IV - Bloodline

I walked down the corridor with Soldier by my side and to my locker. After I broke that pendant this morning, I've been skeptical and kept a couple of my most trusted men to guard the base during the night. And Richard and Joe have been doing more research on Patrick Sanders, along with interrogating him once he wakes up.

I leaned my head against the locker as I stuffed my books in my bag with my other hand. Soldier waited patiently beside me and once I closed my locker my big build of a boyfriend was towering over me.

"Good morning princess, everything taken care of?" He whispered the last part.

I stood on my tippy toes to place a soft kiss on his lips and shrugged my shoulders. There was no way I was going to tell Kai about someone's little visit unless it was a true emergency. I was just gonna have to keep this a little under the radar for awhile unless it needs their full attention.

He placed a flower behind my ear and handed me an orange juice as we walked to class together. I gave him a tired smile as my thank you and he nodded his head in response.

During classes, all I could feel were a pair of eyes on me. I constantly kept looking around to see who it was but everybody's heads were facing the board since we sat at the back. It made me slightly uncomfortable but also suspicious on why someone continued to do that until lunch. It's like they were glaring holes into my body. Even Soldier hummed in suspicion a couple of times because he felt just how uncomfortable I was.

"How was your day precious?" Blake asked as he sat in front of me, Liam in tow.

I smiled and gave Soldier the 'go' signal and he started to chew on his kibble. I started on my assignments that was assigned to us for the whole week while Kai, Liam, and Blake made conversation.

As I was finishing my last question, I felt Soldier push his nose into my thigh. I looked down curiously and he placed his paws on the table and nudged my packed lunch to me. He always does this whenever I'm not eating and he only knows when it's the right time to eat because we both eat at the same time. So if I don't eat, he starts getting worried.

I swear he's not a dog.

He whined and even made small barks just for me to eat. And then, I heard a a various amount of other whines from behind me. I turned around to see Liam, Blake, and Kai all making puppy dog faces to me while whining.

I gave them a dead eye bitch look and shook my head. I picked up my sandwich and started to eat just to satisfy them.

"Good girl," Kai cheered. I refrained from rolling my eyes at him and just continued to eat until the end of lunch.

As I finished my sandwich my body suddenly froze from feeling a hard glare on to my body. Soldier must've sensed it as well because he perked up and let out a small hum.

I searched the room from the corner of my eye, only to see someone glaring at me from afar. I finished the rest of my sandwich quickly and stuffed my things in my bag casually as if I hadn't noticed them staring. I got up from my seat and started walking out of the cafeteria, knowing that person would follow me out as well.

"Precious! Where are you going?" I heard Blake call from behind me. I ignored him and instead continued my way into the corridor.

As Soldier walked beside me, we kept our gazes forward but clearly heard the footsteps trailing behind us. We continued to walk down the hallway until I turned down the last corner and was met with a dead end.

I turned around quickly to be met with someone I haven't seen in so long. Someone who I had a strong bond with but last saw when I was only six. And how could I recognize this person that I haven't seen in over a decade?