XXXVIII - Glow

Kai

We all stood at the foot of the plane, waiting for Richard to go wake up Diamonds from her slumber.

These past two days all I could do was blame myself for making her feel this way. She told me that she didn't know who to believe, and I can only blame myself for that.

I didn't even go through with the deal Amethyst offered me. I knew that Diamonds loved her job and she loves everything with it and she'd kill me if I ever took that away from her. Literally.

But it seems like that information only killed her. I fucking killed my princess and now she's gone for what seems like forever. It's killing me knowing that she's the only one that can help herself because all I want to do is hold her in my arms and feel her warmth in my cold life. Knowing that Diamonds is broken, also makes me feel broken.

She's my princess and she's the only one I'd ever bow to. Why did I have to hurt such a beautiful angel that deserved more than me? How could I release a demon in her when she was what tamed the demon in me? How could I be so stupid to let my princess lose herself like this?

By telling her that her uncle offered a outrageous deal to me, that's how.

I watched as Richard stepped out of the plane and into the dark night with the familiar small figure in his arms. Her legs were wrapped around his torso and it looked like she had a death grip on his neck, but seeing that Richard was perfectly calm and unaffected, let me know that she was in fact, not trying to kill her third in command.

Soldier hopped into the black limo first before Joe followed in after him. Ogus held the door open even wider for Richard to step in with Diamonds in his arms until they got into their seat.

All of us followed in after them and I sat next to Richard, rubbing the frustration creases on Diamond's forehead as she always did me. All of us watched her sleep peacefully while Soldier laid down on the floor below her, sleeping as well.

"What do you think she's dreaming about?" Austin whispered so he didn't wake her.

Williams chuckled, "Probably about running in a meadow with Soldier," he joked.

All of us chuckled at his suggestion but kept our eyes on the sleeping beauty on Richard's lap. She was curled up in a ball and a bead of sweat dripped down her forehead, and I quickly, but slowly, unzipped her jacket and took it off of her.

Richard used the sleeve of her jacket to wipe away the sweat and she curled up into a ball all over again. I placed my hand on her shoulder but retreated it as fast as it came. As if I had just been shocked just from making contact with her skin.

"She's so cold," I whispered.

Joe and Richard nodded their heads sadly as they looked down at their boss. Frowns covered our expressions as we saw how lost she really was. Just by sleeping, she still seemed so broken. Her beautiful golden skin had gone paler and I didn't even need to look at her eyes to see they were lifeless. Watching her sleep, it almost looked like a corpse we had just dug out of a grave.

"Do you really think she's hopeless?" Liam asked, disbelief in his own words were evident in his voice.

I felt terrible for my friend. He's lost his dad, he's lost his step mom, and it already felt like he's losing his sister too. She can't leave us like this. She can't leave Liam or Blake or anybody for that matter. She can't leave me.

I missed my Diamonds so much. I missed feeling her sensational kisses and travelling the world with her when we had business to attend to and seeing her face light up whenever I would bring her coffee and flowers in the morning. She was always the type to feel content with every small thing that was given to her and that was what I loved about her. She was always so grateful for everything and everybody but now she doesn't care.