four

THE BLACK HAIRED GIRL WAS THE LAST ONE REMAINING AS STUDENTS FLOCKED OUT OF THE CLASSROOM. THE ENTIRETY OF THE LESSON HER THOUGHTS HAD VARIED FROM A RANGE OF THINGS-- THE MAIN BEING HER CHANGE OF ENVIRONMENT. almost instantaneously, eleanor had made her way towards the classroom window-- pushing it open moments later. the leaves scud over the ground and take small flights into the air. as eleanor tosses her head back and raise her eyes to the sky, a smile spreads from cheek to cheek.

the branches sway like the arms of a soccer crowd and it their chaotic dance they are hypnotically beautiful. her mind relaxes and she feels the happiness of her life bubble up from within. the light she kept inside begins to escape from her pores. were it not for the passers by, she would spin like a little girl again, arms out wide and fingers spread, but instead she keep my hands in my pockets and inhale deeply.

suddenly her eyes fixate on the fountain-- more so, whoever was inside of it. they seemed to be searching for something. she stares at his back, finally choosing to help-- silently slipping off both shoes and socks before stepping into the cold pool.

" where's that wallet?"

her deeply colored locks sway behind her as she walks towards the figure.

" haruhi, right? it'll go a lot faster with two people searching."

he snaps his head in eleanor's direction, his eyes widening slightly before lets out a nervous chuckle-- rubbing the back of his head.

" oh, yeah.. i-it's no big deal, i got it.. and besides, you're getting your dress all wet-- you don't have to help me."

" you're right, i don't have to--"

she pushed the water aside with her hands, her purple orbs intently scanning the water. once she'd come across what had seemed like the missing item, she faced her classmate.

" --i wanted to. and besides, a little water never hurt anyone."

she handed over the leather pouch, their hands touching momentarily. he nodded, whispering a few words of gratitude but eleanor simply insisted it wasn't much. the pair stood in a comfortable silence as nature around continued on.

" if someone's bothering you haruhi, don't hesitate to get help."

he looked at the girl, his expression displaying pure astonishment. his lips formulated the question as to how she knew but eleanor merely pointed out a silhouette watching them from the second floor-- the woman immediately leaving once found out.

"well.. thanks again miss ichinose."

"please, just call me eleanor."

a deep curve on her lips makes the world stop around her. a smile that brings back a million memories in a split second. the precious dimple that crinkles skips a beat.. she has a smile that makes you feel happy about being alive just a bit more human.

" i would love to stay longer eleanor, but i'm running late. feel free to come by the host club anytime though!"

he bowed quickly as he gathered his belongings, rushing off to his club. as eleanor did the same, she couldn't help but stare at his running figure.

something tells me haruhi isn't who she seems..