Confort pt4//Nicky

I stand there awkwardly as she takes a picture. Then our dad drove us to the school dance. Hope this should get (Y/n) out of my mind...

We arrive at the school dance. It was crowded, don't like crowded places.

- Come on, Nicky, Dawn said to encourage me.

I nod and follow them inside. I go in and there is so many people wearing masks on their faces. This is really the most cliché dance I've been. I can recognize some people if I take a good look at them. Like for example Mae and Nathalie. Loud music is blasting in the gym. Then, a slow song starts to play. Everyone grab a partner. I didn't want to dance, so I lean on a wall and a table where all the good is. But in the corner of my eye I see a figure giving herself fruit punch. I look at her. She had a light pink silk dress and a silver mask. To be honest she is really pretty.

- Not dancing? She ask.

I think she caught me staring.

- No. What about you?
- I don't know, she sigh.
- Do you want to dance with me? I ask.
- I don't see the harm, she said leading me at the dance floor.

I hold her hips and she puts her hands on my shoulder. This is nice. It's been months since I hadn't felt myself. We were slow dancing to some songs.
Then a thought of (Y/n) came in my mind. No! I was having a good time for the first time. I think the girl I was dancing with saw my face changing emotions.

- Are you ok? She ask.
- I'm sorry but I need air, I said.

I leg go of her and ran out the gym. WHY!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO THINK OF (Y/n)?!?! I arrive outside in the pitch black but still had traffic lights. I'm holding the school gates. I'm so angry that my knuckles were turning white from the force I'm holding the gate.

- Hey? What happen in there? The girl I was dancing with said.

Hearing her voice calmed me.

- I- There's someone else, I manage to say.
- Really? She said.
- She chose someone else over me, I said.

She hum in response.

- I don't know why I'm telling you this, i said as my voice breaks.
- It's ok. I won't judge, she said.

(Y/n) doesn't judge a book by its cover too. I took the time to gather myself.

- I hate this mask, I said as I take it off and throw it away.

(Y/n) POV

- I don't know why I'm telling you this, he said as his voice breaks.

I can hear the pain in his voice. He sounds so hurt.

- It's ok. I won't judge, I said.

He pauses and then adds.

- I hate this mask, he said as he takes it off.

My eyes widen when I saw who was so hurt.

Nicky.

But I stayed silent, knowing that the person I love and care is hurt because of me.

- She had a disgusting cheater of a boyfriend, he said honestly. But I'd never tell her that, he continues.
- Why couldn't you tell her that? I ask
- I- i don't know. Maybe because she was happy?
- Or maybe she wasn't happy, I said.

He looks at me. I look back at him. To be honest, I never was happy with my ex boyfriend. It didn't felt like the same relationship when I was with Nicky.

- I don't know. But the point is that we stop talking because I change, he said.

Then a tear came out of his eye. He quietly wipes it away.

- I don't know why I'm crying, he chuckles and still have more tears coming out.
- It's ok to cry, I said.

Nicky POV

- It's ok to cry, she said.

My tears were coming out itself. But I started to cry. It felt good. Before my scabs didn't hurt. But know letting myself go, started to hurt. And I was crying from the pain on my knuckles and because I let someone I love go.

- My siblings try to help me, but nothing works.  My parents are trying to get me to talk to a therapist, but I refuse to, I said.

I like this girl. She listens.

- I can get so- so mad, and doing crazy things like... I said as I show her my scabs on my knuckles. I guess I'm so mad i can't have her, I continue.

She stood there listening.

- I love (Y/n) so much, it hurts knowing she doesn't know that, I said.

(Y/n) POV

- I love (Y/n) so much, it hurts knowing she doesn't know that, Nicky said.

My heart drops.

- I think she knows now, I said.

I slowing walked up to him and kiss him. He stops me and removes my mask. Revealing myself. He look shock but yet calm. Then he pulls me in a desperate and passionate make out. The sound that came out of us is so hot that I wanted more. After 5 minutes of making out, our foreheads are touching. Are breathing was so heavy that is was the only sound we hear.

- Nicky Harper, you'll always be my best friend and boyfriend, I said smiling.
- (Y/n) (L/n), you'll always be the one I crave for, he said smiling.