Chapter 26

{This is going to be a slightly different chapter and probably a one off. It is basically just going to be milestones in Gabi's life up to just before her first birthday - this is just so I can get the story moving along, as I have had really bad writers block for like long chapters.}

Amy's POV - Gabi 8weeks

I wake up to the sound of Jake's alarm going off, and I roll over to turn it off and gently wake him up, as like usual his alarm isn't enough. I then get out of bed and walk over to Gabi's cot and lift her out of it, slowly waking her from her sleep. She begins to fuss slightly but then settles down and relaxes into my arms as I sit in the rocking chair with her.

Jake slowly gets out of bed and goes into the bathroom to shower whilst I feed Gabi, he's been going back to work for the past two weeks, as Gabi is one and a half months old. Don't get me wrong, he still loves his job, but it seems to take him a lot more motivation to get ready in the morning than it did before we had Gabi.

By the time Jake has finished in the shower, I'm back in bed with Gabi resting against my knees. I'm pulling silly faces at her, whilst she throws her hands forward in an attempt to grasp me. Jake sits next to us in bed and joins in with me pulling faces, which results in Gabi attempting to grab his face as well.

"I wonder what she'll do if I blow a raspberry on her cheek?" I ask Jake and he looks at me like I have two heads. "What? My brothers tried it... they said their babies didn't react."

Jake just shrugs his shoulders, he's been bombarded with messages off my brothers about parenting skills and I think it's overwhelmed him so much that he doesn't want to hear anything about them and babies together.

I gently blow a raspberry on Gabi's cheek and both Jake and I hold our breaths waiting for her reaction.

A smile grows on her face - her first proper smile, not a reflex - and she squeals in delight slightly. Tears form in my eyes and I look at Jake, who looks back at me with the same look.

Jake goes to do it to Gabi and again, she smiles then squeals. I grab my phone and record Jake doing it to Gabi one final time. The two of us have huge smiles on our face as Gabi's smile stays and she kicks her legs in excitement with all of the fuss.

Jake's POV - Gabi 14weeks

After our day at work was cut short by a fire alarm and then the night squad taking over early, everyone has come back to mine and Amy's house. Currently, everyone is sat talking in the sitting room as Gabi plays with the toys that lie in front of her on her play mat. One of the toys includes a pink dog that Rosa got her just after she was born, which she loves and always her in her cot at night or on her play mat with her in the day.

Gabi rolls over from her stomach to her back, as she has been doing for the past week, but hasn't managed to roll the other way yet. She seems to struggle for a matter of seconds before making a fuss and beginning to cry.

I stand up to pick her up and place her back into her stomach, but Rosa gets to her before me. She picks Gabi up and sits back down with her, placing her on her knees and talking to her.

"Were you stuck on your back, yes? And it wasn't very nice was it?" Rosa says to Gabi in her baby voice.

Gabi smiles at Rosa and reaches forward to grab either her face or hair and tugs gently on some of Rosa's dark hair. Rosa smiles and continues to talk to Gabi, as everyone begins to gawk at the sight in front of them - Rosa smiling?

Ames smiles as her best friend plays with her daughter next to her, something I know she was afraid of - Rosa not really bonding with Gabi. It becomes clear that Gabi is beginning to get bored of Rosa's faces, as she turns her attention to Amy and begins to try and grab Amy's necklace.

Rosa passes Gabi over and Ames begins to play with her, still half joining in with the group conversation. Everyone falls silent and just watches as Ames plays with Gabi, as she goes to gently tickle her tummy.

Gabi lets out a small but high pitches giggle and Amy does it again, resulting in the same reaction. I grab my phone to record it - Gabi's first laugh - as Ames continues to tickle her stomach.

Everyone in the room watched and begins to make a fuss over Gabi, as she continues to make small giggles creating a contagious smile. I walk over to my fiancé and daughter, placing myself on the couch arm next to them.

Gabi looks up at me and giggles again, making my heart melt as Ames passes her over to me. I do the same and she continues to laugh, the whole squad all watching in awe at us.

{Ahah... sorry it's took me so long to upload but as I put at the start of this chapter... I just lost all motivation. But I've found it again and have a couple of ideas for chapters in my mind.}