Chapter 27

Amy's POV

"Morning babe, Happy Halloween." Jake says to me as I begin to wake up.

Since Gabi is only three months old, I've not yet returned to work, however since it's the Halloween Heist I have decided to go to the precinct today. My parents are having to look after one of my brothers children and Jake's mom is ill, meaning we will have to bring Gabi to the precinct with us.

It's not an ideal situation, but the squad have promised they have came up with a solution they can't wait to show us all. I'm slightly, no very, hesitant about bringing Gabi to the precinct as I know how loud and dangerous it can be, however the squad have assured us something safe.

As Gabi's not woken up yet, I decide to get changed into my work clothes, the ones which I've not worn for at least 7 months now. Once I'm dressed I apply a light layer of makeup, and by that point Gabi has woken up. I get her changed into an orange baby grow with a pumpkin on.

"Jake, we need to make a deal." I say and he looks at me slightly confused. "We cannot use Gabi against each other in the heist, against others within reason then yes that's fine. But not against each other because I'm being deadly serious I will have a heart attack if there's even a suggestion that somethings happened to her."

"Ames, I promise. Everything's going to work out perfect." Jake tells me placing a kiss on my forehead.

He takes Gabi off me and heads downstairs with her as I finish sorting out my hair. Once I'm happy with how I look, I too go down and begin to make breakfast for Jake and myself. The two of us eat our breakfast then I feed and change Gabi before we leave the house.

When we arrive at the precinct, we pull into a parking space and I get Gabi's car seat out of the car as Jake gets out the bag with everything we need for her in. He takes my free hand in his and we walk into the precinct together.

As we enter the building, we are stopped multiple times by people who aren't on the detective squad, congratulating us and fussing over sleeping Gabi. We finally make our way into the elevator and press to go up to level three.

When the elevator door opens the squads heads all turn to face it, then all make their way over to us. Everyone greets us and makes a fuss over Gabi, who's now awake and in my arms.

"It's good to have you back Detective Santiago." Captain Holt says and I smile.

"We've got something to show you." Terry says, leading us through the back.

"We know you're looking at putting Gabi in day care in a couple of months time, but for the days that she comes to the precinct with you, we have a room for her and any other children of the squad." Rosa tells us opening a door. "We've looked at the timings and if we each take a shift to look after whoever's child, and Gina takes more than others, we will be able to always have someone in here. We managed to convince Hitchcock and Scully to give up one of their nap rooms a couple of months ago and we decorated it and did it up."

Tears come to my eyes at how considerate the whole squad is and how they're a second family to us. The room is painted with two cream, a baby pink and a baby blue wall. It has a couch on one side and a tv on another. There's boxes filled with board games and toys, then a crib and changing table in the corner. A pile of blankets and pillows overflow a basket and a bean bag is in another corner.

"We know that for today, as you're not actually working cases again yet, that you might want to keep Gabi with you at all times, or spend as much time as you like in here." Terry says as Jake and I thank everyone.

Everyone meets in the briefing room, Jake, Holt, myself and Gina stood at the front and Gina wearing the crown as the reigning champion. Gabi is in a baby carrier which straps over my shoulders and she's asleep with her head on my chest.