Chapter 21

Amy's POV

"Bye Babe, love you." I call to Jake as he leaves the house for work.

I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and despite my protests against, the Captain has made me go on maternity leave. Today one of my brothers is letting me babysit his 4month old son, as a practice for when our little princess comes.

Phillip arrives and drops of his son Isaac, leaving me with a timetable on when (roughly) he needs feeding and his naps. When Issac is dropped off he is asleep in his baby carrier and the half an hour Phillip stays for he continues to sleep. When he leaves, Issac is still asleep and if it wasn't for Phillip reassuring me this was normal as Issac woke early, I would have been slightly worried.

I grab one of the books off our bookshelves and begin to read it. About half an hour into reading my book, Issac's still asleep and I'm beginning to get bored of my book, as I've read it before. So I pick up my phone and dial the most familiar number for me.

"Hey Ames, what's up?" Jake asks through the phone.

"Say hi to Amy for me." I hear Rosa shout through the phone and it makes me smile slightly.

"Hi Rosa." I say and hear Jake repeat it, before I explain what's going on to him. "Phillip dropped Issac off an hour ago, but I'm still waiting for him to wake up from his morning nap. I just want some action, you know so I'm slightly more prepared for when our princess comes."

"Babe, no one could be more prepared than you. You have read every pregnancy and parenthood book available, not to mention the copious amount of binders you have made which are now lying around the house. Oh by the way I stubbed my toe on the one about potty training this morning so it's on a shelf instead." Jake tells me, making me laugh slightly.

"Is anything interesting happening at the precinct?"

"Charles and I have just made this huge..." Jake begins before he's cut off by the sound of a baby crying.

"I'm so sorry, I'm gonna have to go. Tell me about it later though."

"You wanted action and you're getting it, baby's calling so I'll talk to you later. Love you."

"Love you too." I say as I leave my phone and walk over to the baby carrier.

Carefully I pick Issac out of it and lift him in the air to smell his diaper - nope all good. He begins to suck on his thumb, so I quickly swaddle him (which Jake and I had practiced on a loaf of bread at an earlier date), then carry him through with me to the kitchen.

It doesn't take me long to prep and heat up his bottle, the time whilst we wait I'm gentle bopping up and down with him, pulling silly faces to soften his cries. When the bottle is heated I waited a couple of minutes to let it cool, so I don't burn his mouth, then tilt him upright to place the bottle in his mouth.

Once he's finished his bottle, I burp him gently and carry him back through to the living room. I lie on the couch on my back, with my knees up, then place Issac between my knees and my bump. He lightly pats on my bump with his hands and I smile.

It doesn't take long for him to get restless, so I grab a near by blanket and begin to play peek-a-boo, which immediately turns his growing cry into a small giggle. We continue playing for a while and I begin to question how long he can be entertained by such a simple thing.

"Again?" I ask in my baby voice.

A small cry comes from Issac and I continue doing it without a question, such a simple activity brings so much entertainment - I guess Jake and the baby will have more in common than I thought. I continue to play with Issac until my phone rings and I reach over to pick it up.

"It's Tío Jake." I say to Issac, continuing my baby voice. "Hello?"

"Ames? Are you okay?"

"I'm talking in my baby voice, so Issac doesn't cry."

"Oh right, hows it going?"

"It's going great." I tell him, still in my baby voice.

"Holt's letting me take the rest of the day off, so I'm heading home in ten minutes."

"Okay, I'll see you soon." I reply, then hang up the phone.

I continue to play with Issac and he eventually gets bored of the whole 'peek-a-boo' game, so hand him a rattle to play with, which he immediately takes a liking to. I'm so wrapped up in my own little world that I don't even notice the door opening and it gives me quite the shock when Jake sits on the couch and  snakes his arm around me.

"You seem to be pretty good at that babe." Jake says, placing a kiss on my head.

"You think?" I ask.

"No, I know. You're going to be the best Mom ever."

I pass Issac to Jake and Issac giggles, grabbing onto Jakes shirt and pulling at it softly.

"And you're going to be the best Dad ever."

Jake smiles at me, then turns his attention back to Issac and I get up to go to the toilet.

The rest of the day passes with me and Jake playing with Issac, Jake feeding Issac his bottle and eventually Issac falling asleep on Jakes chest, making me smile at the sight.

Phillip arrived at half past five to pick up Issac and thanks the both of us for looking after him for the day.

"Not long for you two now." He says as he walks out of the door.

Jake wraps his arms around me as we stand at the door and I wave Phillip goodbye.

"We're going to ace this whole parenthood thing." Jake says placing a kiss on my head.

{Me uploading so soon... what's happening?! Nah I'm joking, I've worked on this literally all day - instead of prep for my exams tomorrow whoops - so as soon as I finished it I wanted to upload it.
Anyways I have a rough idea of how I want the story line for this fanfiction to go, but let me know if there's any ideas you guys would like me to try and include!
Also promise that Amy's pregnancy is coming to an end really soon!
Last thing (😅), what would you guys think if I was to do a one shot book filled with ideas I have that won't fit in with this book? - let me know in the comments}