Chapter 23

Amy's POV

"One final push." The doctor guides me.

I give all of the strength and energy left in me and when I finish I let my body collapse back on to the mattress. My cries are now replaced by some more high pitched ones and I let out a breath of relief knowing my baby girl's okay.

"You did amazing Ames." Jake tells me, placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Do we have a time? 2:34pm, July 28th."

The doctors lift her up so I can see her, then rush to the other side of the room to, what I assume, put a diaper on her, do some basic check and wrap her in a blanket.

They place her in my arms and tears begin to roll down my cheeks as I place a small kiss on the top of her head and Jake strokes her cheek with his finger.

"Hey there baby." I whisper, and Jake places a kiss on my head.

She is a combination of Jake and I, and in my eyes she's perfect. I can tell Jake feels the same as as when I look up at him he has a couple of tears on his cheek.

"You're daughters perfectly healthy, she weighs 7 pounds 4 ounces and is 20inches long. She will need feeding soon so we can help you with that. We going to get you back through to your room and you can have any visitors when you would like."

I get pushed back through and when all of the doctors leave, Jake wraps his arm around me and watches me and our princess. I hand Jake our little girl for the first time and he smiles even more than before, carefully rocking her from side to side.

The sight immediately becomes my favourite as he smiles down at our newborn and my heart becomes filled. Jake sits down in the chair with her and I relax back into the bedding, letting my body have a break.

"Ames, when do you want everyone to come in?"

"I like it being just the three of us at the moment, maybe like half an hour? I want everyone to be in the room when we announce her name." I explain and Jake nods in agreement.

A while later our little girl begins to cry and Jake passes her over to me so I can feed her, which requires the help of a nurse at first, but I soon feel comfortable. Soon after her feed, she's no longer crying, but just staring up at me as I talk to Jake.

The first people we bring in is our parents, the three of the rushing over to me at once and all requesting to hold her. I pass her to my mom who holds her for a few minutes, then she's passed onto Jake's mom who has tears slipping down her cheeks as she looks in awe at her first granddaughter. Then my dad holds her for a while, until she's passed back to Jake- by which point she's sound asleep again - and then eventually she's back in my arms.

The three of them leave and the squad all come in, Jake having to remind Charles to be quiet as he so excited. Rosa comes straight over to me and strokes the newborns head, before I pass her over to her.

"She's adorable Amy."

Jake's POV

I watch as Rosa holds my princess, a large smile grows on her face and I smirk at Amy knowing we've found Rosa's weak spot. She begins to open her eyes and I hold my breath expecting her to cry, but my little girl smiles up at Rosa.

"I just can't decide who she looks more like, you or Amy." Terry says to me.

"Oh, what are you kidding me? She's gorgeous - it's all Amy."

"You really love her man, don't you."

"Yeah I do, I love them both."

Our baby's passed around everyone in the room, and when she's passed back to Amy we call our parents back in so we can tell everyone her name.

"So..?" Gina asks and I nod at Amy.

"Meet Gabriella-Rose Peralta." She announces to everyone and the room is filled with gasps of delight. "We've decided on Jakes last name because the two of us are going to get married soon and that's what my name will legally be changed to."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful baby." My mom says.

Everyone in the room agrees. One by one everyone begins to leave and eventually it's only Amy and me left in the room. Gabriella begins to cry, so I carefully pick her out of the cot and hand her to Amy, who feeds her and almost instantly stops her crying.

When she's placed back in her cot, Amy falls asleep practically the second I place her down and I attempt to make myself comfortable on the chair between the bed and cot. After a half hour I give up trying to sleep and decided to just wander around the room, taking in the sight of my fiancée and daughter, the two most important people in my life.

{So I feel like I let the pregnancy drag a bit but whoops sorryyyy. Anyways, hope you like the name I picked - what would you like her 'nickname' to be, something like Gabby, Gabi, or any other suggestions. I've also had writers block for weeks so it's taken me ages to write this chapter. Hope you're enjoying the book!}